Rhode Island
Options

to all the cancelled weddings this weekend...

My heart goes out to all the brides of Rhode Island (and beyond) getting married tonight and all the cancelled weddings tomorrow. When you reschedule, I'm sure it'll all be worth it and you'll have an amazing day anyway!
Anniversary

Re: to all the cancelled weddings this weekend...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i was thinking the same thing. hope everything goes well for everyone. xoxo
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Everything happens for a reason and this is no exception, though I am sure for all those couples it's not easy to feel that way right now.  Keeping all East coast couples in our thoughts/prayers!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    i2012doi2012do member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not sure if anyone saw this. I actually was on the phone with Kate at the towers on Saturdya and she said for the first time Ever they are having 2 weddings at the Towers on Saturday- hten my mom said it was in the paper!
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • Options
    pruemunropruemunro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hi ladies,

sadly im one of the brides who had her wedding cancelled this weekend. i can honestly say my heart is broken to see fifteen months of planning go down the drain and endless deposits.

not only was our wedding cancelled on sunday, we re scheduled for tomorrow as many of our family and friends are here from overseas. we packed everything last night, organized a new cake, new photographer only to get up this morning and find out theres no power in newport for another three to five days so we cancelled a second time. i can honestly say it will be months if not years before we put ourselves through this again and our wedding has been put on hold  until we deal with all thats happened the last few days.e
    ?Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairytale?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Pruemunro that is awful!!  Are you able to just get married with the friends and family that you have with you right now and hold a reception at a later date?  Maybe you could just use your officiant and then go to a restaurant for a small celebration.  I know it is not ideal but at least then you would be married!  Had you planned on leaving for a honeymoon right after your wedding as well?  My heart goes out to you.  I hope that you find a way to work things out sooner rather than later. 
  • Options
    RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Prue I am so sorry to hear about the cancelled wedding. Really, let us know if you need any help. This is really terrible to hear all your planning has gone to waste. I hope some thing can be worked out so you guys can get married. I would be equally devastated. 
  • Options
    i2012doi2012do member
    edited December 2011
    prue
    I am SO sorry that this has happened to you!I really feel terrible.
    Anything you need I can help with, in all honesty. Us knotties will pull together a fab wedding for you if that is what you so chose!

Email me at Jcorvese at Gmail if there is ANYTHING i can help with!
  • Options
    RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yes I forgot to include e-mail me at Jaydafyre@gmail.com if you need anything, seriously!
  • Options
    i2012doi2012do member
    edited December 2011
    I just saw on Sara Faella's fall that she is doing makeup for Prue-- is this our PRUE? Did it come together after all!
  • Options
    i2012doi2012do member
    edited December 2011
    Edit: Just heard back from Sara.
     Prue got her wedding after all! I hope it is beautiful. what  long journey to the altar- enjoy every minute :)
  • Options
    pruemunropruemunro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hi everyone!!

You guys are all so wonderful and thoughtful, thank you!!

After my very depressing post earlier this week, we received word at about 5pm on Monday night that the power had returned for our caterer and venue and we moved into overdrive to get everything done and pulled together for a 12pm ceremony and afternoon reception yesterday!!

There are so many people I want to thank and I'll write a vendor review in the next few days but wanted to thank you all for your kind wishes and thoughts the last few days, what a rollercoaster omg!!

Sara Faella, A M A Z I N G! Sara and her glam squad were so accomodating, kind and thougtful, I absolutely adore her and would recommend her to anyone in a heartbeat, she did a wonderful job and everyone looked beautiful.  Despite an early start, Sara arrived upbeat, gorgeous and got us all ready and out the door right on time.

Our planner, where do I even start... Christine Wheat (Christine Wheat Special Events Firm) is a saint, there is no way yesterday would have happened without her and she went above and beyond what I ever thought possible.  Between Christine and my fiance the last few days they helped prevent a complete melt down on my part lol but more than that Christine honestly worked a miracle to get everyone and everything in place yesterday, I absolutely love her!

Blackstone Caterers (Karen Riley), another incredible vendor, we cancelled twice (1st because of Irene, 2nd because of no power) and with less than 24 hours notice Karen and her team came through and got everything done, wonderful service and quality, we couldn't be happier and I knew from the day I met her we were in good hands.  Karen and her team exceeded our expectations and I'd never use another caterer now having experienced what Blackstone are capable of.

Our photographer, Gregory Paul Photography... exceptional talent and I I absolutely adore him and his wife Heidi.  Another vendor that came through despite all the stress and last minute changes.  Particuarly as Gregory and his assistant travelled from Florida to be here.  2 cancellations and he still arrived on time despite being as far as the check in line at the airport for the 1st cancellation. Another great choice and we can't wait to see the photos!!  Gregory is absolutely lovely, he worked harder than I even knew was possible and he and his assistant Scott didn't stop all day, they were amazing!

Our Videographer, Mike from Artistic Wedding Video Group - OMG this guy is one of the nicest guys I've met.  He interacts so well with guests, is a lot of fun and gets things done.  I wasn't particuarly keen on a videographer and this was one of Dimitri's ideas but after having booked him in and seeing a sneak peek of what he did yesterday it was one of the best decisions we made, he's wonderful!! 

Overall, we are so fortunate to have the vendors we had - they were all professional, hardworking and have incredible talent.  We did have some bad experiences with accomodation that I'll write about in a longer review but I couldn't sign off this post without giving credit to all those that helped make our dream come true yesterday :) So many others but will write more in the following few days.

Thanks again for your kind wishes and thoughts everyone, I don't think I can ween myself off the Newport board anytime soon and would love to catch up with you all! Is there a new get together planned soon? :) Thank you ladies!!! xoxox

?Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairytale?
  • Options
    Sarah MDSarah MD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How AMAZING!  I can not imagine the stress you must have had, but what a relief to get your wedding after all!!  Congrats!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards