Wedding Recap and Withdrawal
Options

Wedding Withdrawals

I planned my wedding for over a year and now that it is done I feel great that I am married but miss the whole wedding planning process, the contact with friends, etc.  I got my wedding albums and look through it over and over, I can not seem to get past my wedding day / planning!  I got married in San Francisco at the Palace of Fine Arts (under the dome) my photographer was CJC Photography (Creighton http://cjcphoto.com ) and he was just great!  My videographer was Andre from Video 4 Everyone.  I know I am driving anyone that comes to my house and all at my work crazy bucause I keep showing off my albums.  Any advice on how to get out of the wedding loop.  Yes I know more whooopee! Elle 

Re: Wedding Withdrawals

• Options
    This is very common.  My advice is to get a hobby, if you don't already have one.  When you are planning a wedding you are always in the midst of a project.  Maybe take up scrapbooking something that takes a while to finish to keep your mind busy.  But at the end of the day, you just have to come to terms with the fact that the wedding is over and move on.  
  • Options
    I don't have much advice, but I always thought the Palace of the Fine Arts would be a GREAT place to hold a wedding... one of my favorite places in the city!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_wedding-withdrawals?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:32021845-343c-4375-8cd9-d46594294bc4Post:72db58be-6760-4dac-bd60-53990a87fc98">Re: Wedding Withdrawals</a>:
    [QUOTE]work on your house/apartment! I seriously cannot wait for my wedding to be over with so I can play with my new house and garden.
    Posted by LilyAnna06[/QUOTE]

I totally agree.  This planning is getting me tired, and I have over a year to go!  I really don't care much about the wedding day itself and the details, so the sooner it's done the better!
    I would rather focus on my new living space and the totally barren empty canvas of my FI's back yard!!!  Can't wait to get out my tools and start planting!
  • Options

As suggested.....I would work on setting up your house/apartment.  I love the Better Homes and Gardens DIY magazines.  They rock!

Also....go on the boards and give advice and suggestions to other knotties....current brides-to-be are ALWAYS looking for answers from already married knotties.

Good luck!

Also...love the Palace of Fine Arts! Especially at night....very cool!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I've been married over a year and I still miss it. I thought the entire time I was planning the wedding that it would be the happeist day of my life because I wouldn't be as stressed the next day. The day went so perfect and now it's just over. You spend so much time planning, getting to know your vendors then it's like a sudden break up. I miss it more because I had so many people in one place that I don't always get to see. Everyone was so happy and had a great time. That's the part I miss.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Maybe this is my some mothers and MIL can get a bit crazy when their son/daughter gets married.
    They remember how much fun they had planning their wedding and want to relive it again!
    I'm just at the starting stage of wedding planning so atm i'm really enjoying it but i'm sure it'll get harder and more stressful but i've already thought about having a bit of an empty feeling when it's over!

xxxx
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards