Jewish Weddings
Options

FI's Conversion!

I posted awhile ago about my FI converting to Judaism. I am so proud of all the hard work and studying he's doing! I also am happy to report that his conversion will be complete/official by the beginning of September! He is so excited that he will have a "clean slate" for the New Year!

All that's left for him to do is go to a mikveh, the beit din, and the symbolic circumcision! Then he gets his certificate! I am really excited and, of course, extremely proud!

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg

Re: FI's Conversion!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Mazel Tov!
  • Options
    Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Mazel Tov!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mazel tov!!!!! How exciting for you and your fiance!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mazal Tov!  Wishing you all the best!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mazel tov!

Out of curiosity, what happens in an honorary circumsion?
    Anniversary image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_jewish-weddings_fis-conversion?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:399Discussion:9589db71-55a0-43e9-8762-879e38d2331dPost:79539b03-43b8-4678-8fa7-5d321d319698">Re: FI's Conversion!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mazel tov! Out of curiosity, what happens in an honorary circumsion?
    Posted by MrsMLRB[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>In an honorary or symbolic circumcision (hatafat dam brit), one drop of blood is drawn from the penis, which is collected on a gauze pad and then shown to three witnesses, plus the rabbi. It does need to be performed by a mohel, but it can be done in a doctor's office or any private place, and the man who is getting blood drawn may use a numbing cream to dull the pain or discomfort. It must be done before the mikvah. 
    </div><div>
    </div><div>After he does the hatafat dam brit, FI wants to throw a party and serve only phallic type foods, like popsicles and foot long subs. *facepalm* Oy. </div>

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • Options
    becunning2becunning2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I told you this over on NEY, but mazel tov! How exciting!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards