Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Candy Buffets

Hi Ladies :)

I am doing a candy buffet as favors for my guests. I have looked at images online and pretty much decided how I want to set it up and the type of candy that I want. 

The colors of my wedding are just simple ivory, beige, silver, etc. Classic wedding colors. However, for my candy table I want to have it really pop out with lots of different colors like pink, orange, blue, purple, etc. How do ya'll feel about that? 

Also, I plan to just put the bags and twisty ties at the tables for each guest. 

Any other suggestions from those who have done this before? How much candy do you recommend ordering? I plan to have about 150 at my wedding. 

Re: Candy Buffets

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2010
    I also planned for 150 and had around 70 lbs. (roughly 1/2 lb. per person).  It was too much--a better estimate is 1/4 lb. per person.  I also had a very classic wedding and did an all-white candy buffet but bright colors would be fun also.  I toyed with the idea of having my takeout boxes at the place settings but I suggest having the bags and ties on the buffet itself.  I have pics in my bio of mine.

I got all my jars at TJ Maxx and ordered my candy from metrocandy.com and bulkfoods.com and my M&Ms at sweetbe.com.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards