Delaware
Options

NWR: T&Ps please!

Just got back from the doctor.  They are admitting me for a week long infusion epidural on Feb 28th.  While it's similar to the epidural you get during labor, it lasts a HECK of a lot longer, which creates a whole bunch of new issues (pressure sores, etc).  Add in no showers and caths, well, I am going to be having loads of fun.  Thank goodness B has dry shampoo that they use when backpacking that works really well!

I will have my computer, but don't know about internet- the stay is at Lankenau, so we will see.  I am making a list already of DVDs I want before I go in!

Anyway, thoughts and prayers would be greatly, greatly appreciated.  I have never been admitted to the hospital- all my surgeries have been outpatient- and I am a little apprehensive, not to mention worried about what will happen if this doesn't work.  Luckily, I have some awesome doctors!

Thanks girls!

Re: NWR: T&Ps please!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That doesn't sound like any fun. Usually with the epidurals given during labor, you're still able to move a fair amount, just not feel a whole lot. I don't know how strong the one they're going to give you is.

Pressure ulcers (bed sores) are horrible!  You're young so you're not at a high risk, but immobility can cause anyone to have them. Make an effort to move your legs, and turn on your sides every few hours, or make sure your nurse does.

And hospital food is not something you're going to want to eat for a week, so get that new husband of yours to bring you the good stuff!

Hope it all goes well! Good luck!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards