Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Day of Coordinator Necessary?

My Church and Reception Hall come with coordiators- but should I hire a "head Honcho" for the time before the ceremony and right after (for pictures)?  Is it worth it?
Does anyone know of any good coordinators in the Lanc pa area that wont break the budget, since its a day of thing if I do decide to hire one?

Re: Day of Coordinator Necessary?

• Options
    edited December 2011

Do the coordinators at your hall mind if you hire a someone else? Did you ask the coordinators if they can do the day of? I'm sure that has to be part of the package somewhere. If they don'tt do the day of you can try Designing Memories. Google it. that is my DOC and I'm not sure how far she travels considering she is out of Berks County but she is great! Very nice, energetic young girl and she never takes more than 3 days to answer your e-mails unless she is crazy busy. Tell her I sent you. Brittni, June 18th bride. She should know who.

• Options
    MeganBMMeganBM member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Brittni!  I emailed her to see what she has to offer.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Don;t do a day of coordinator, I was think the same thing when I got married (Dec 31st) and I am so glad I didn't! Trust your vendors, they will pull through!  And, if you have a good experienced photographer you will be fine! Save your money for the honeymoon!
  • Options
    MeganBMMeganBM member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I emailed the reception hall and my photographer ( since she will be there all day)- the photographer said it wasnt necessary since she will be there before and after to help direct people. I am second guessing this one..... :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ask your photographer if she plans to discuss with you beforehand all of the pictures you want. (for example, if you want full family photos, if you have step parents, siblings, etc.) if she does this you shouldnt really need a DOC for photos. i made a list with my photographer of certain people who i wanted in pictures, she also took down names so she wasnt saying, "hey you there". if your photographer is as organized as she claims she will at least make an attempt at this.

additionally, i had one of my BMs in charge of making sure people were rounded up for pictures. it was one of her exclusive duties and it helped things go more smoothly. if you have someone extra in the BP that needs a job, or even a non-family member who isnt in the BP but you would like to be included in the day...you could ask them to just oversee picture time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    MeganBMMeganBM member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ended up hiring a DOC she had an awesome price (under 400)  and will be helping with things before the wedding that will help out alot.  I know people are against the DOC... but shes helping with other things besides just doc.  which i think is well worth the price.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards