June 2012 Weddings
Options

Royal Wedding fever anyone??

Since we don't have our own wedding festivities for quite some time...

Is anyone excited for the Royal Wedding on Friday? I personally, cannot wait and will probably be waking up at 4am to watch the pre-wedding stuff before work. I think the royal family and that history is really interesting, so adding a wedding too that just makes me bursting with excitement! I can't wait to see what her dress looks like!

I will also admit that Saturday night, I went through my DVR and recorded an embarrassing number of specials. Pretty much, if it said royal, Will, Kate or wedding in the title, it's not being recorded on my DVR...along with the ABC and NBC telecasts of the wedding. I probably should be embarrassed, but I'm not. At all. hehe

But make me feel better...does anyone else care at least 1/2 as much as I do?

Re: Royal Wedding fever anyone??

• Options

Sorry but I don't get into that royal family stuff but I know tons of people are on the same boat as you! Someone on the radio was talking about how they were taking a plane to England just to be there during the whole thing.

• Options
    I wouldn't mind seeing the highlights like her walking down the aisle and them kissing on the balcony.  I won't be waking up at 4:00am to watch the entire thing on television though.  I'll just watch the repeats and highlights that I am sure they will be playing all day long.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I will def. watch highlights and things like that, and I definitely know a TON of people getting up early to watch (FMIL being one haha!), but I'm going to try to avoid it a little bit, because I'm super busy trying to wrap things up before graduation, and because I kind of feel bad for people who's entire lives, including the most intimate portions, being televised for the entire world to see.  Who knows, she may love it, and she certainly knew what she was getting into, but you can't help who you fall in love with!  Hopefully their marriage will be happy and long lasting so that there are no bad parts for the world to see!  But Kelsey you are DEFINITELY not alone!!  I know some girls who are having a sleep over Thursday night to get up and watch it together Wink
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_royal-wedding-fever-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:c1105dbe-6464-4e42-a31a-4b23fc3bdffbPost:dae23289-75f1-41c4-8b65-559732e4d1ef">Re: Royal Wedding fever anyone??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wouldn't mind seeing the highlights like her walking down the aisle and them kissing on the balcony.  I won't be waking up at 4:00am to watch the entire thing on television though.  I'll just watch the repeats and highlights that I am sure they will be playing all day long.
    Posted by spiffycoolbeans[/QUOTE]

I completely agree with this.  I value my sleep too much and have too much going on at work that day to be dead from being up since 4am to function properly... hightlights it is.
  • Options

You're not alone! I'll be up at 4 to watch. My weekly meeting at noon was cancled  so I'm going to lab late - our boss is from the UK so I'm spreading a rumor its to watch the Royal Wedding. I am SO excited for it and have a ton DVR'd as well. I really need to watch the Lifetime movie about it.

Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I remember waking up to watch Princess Diana get married and she was just hitting the aisle of the church around 6 or 7 AM...I think...I was a kid and thought i was going to watch cartoons. 

I have a feeling that 4 AM is when the hoopla will start, but we won't see much for the first hour.

I'm not going to make a point to watch, but if it happens to be on, I'll be happy to watch the fashion show.  :)
  • Options
    I am very excited! I def won't be waking up at 4 because Friday I have a 17hour work day! So I will DVR and watch highlights!
    Wedding Countdown TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic">" /> Bouquet Inspiration
  • Options
    I'll DVR and watch the highlights.  I'm most excited to see her dress!  I have some friends who are planning on waking up, wearing giant hats, and drinking mimosas @ 4am.  Thats too much for me but I know they'll have a blast!  FI has family who lives in London right now and they have the day off as a national holiday.  His aunt is determined to "be apart of the wedding" (she's kidding of course) and is planning on waking up early and heading down to Westminster Abbey.  Hopefully she'll get a peak at the excitement first hand! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker White Knot
  • Options
    A good friend of mine actually has Friday off, so she's driving up on Thursday night to watch it with me on Friday!  We're both SUPER excited and planning to spend the rest of the day doing wedding stuff (she's one of my BMs).  I can't wait, it's going to be a blast - AND it's motivation for me to get my house cleaned before she gets here!
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • Options
    I've been DVRing everything that I can find about the wedding, but haven't caught up on watching them yet. I don't think I'll get up at 4am because I have a really long day Friday but I'll be recording it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm totally getting up early Friday to watch - I'm excited to see it all!
  • Options
    Omg, I am DVRing everything and I even created an event on FB to invite people to my royal wedding celebration.  We will be getting up at 4/5-I might DVR it and then skim through the first hour, since as PPs said not much will happen then.  I'm going to be making scones and my sister will be making a souffle.  We will definitely be having mimosas and we bought big hats to decorate and wear.  I'm pretty pumped!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic June 2012 Siggy: Favorite Engagement Picture! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Michelle, you're making me want to take Friday off and do the same thing!
  • Options
    I am not into it, but I have to say I am so glad I am not them! Hearing about it on the news stresses me out. So much to plan and get just right. (I know they have people do it, but still!) Talk about pressure!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards