Massachusetts-Boston
Options

I need venue advise!

Im trying to not break the bank when it comes to finding a places to have our ceremony/reception. We are having around 150people. Does anyone have any suggestions around the boston/north shore area?!!!? Thank you!!

Re: I need venue advise!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You should check out the Danversport Yacht Club.  The price is pretty reasonable, and they have so much included in the price per person. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    To be honest I'm not a fan of the Davensport Yacht Club.  FI and I checked it out and it just seemed too much like a wedding factory.  What really turned us off was the fact that there can be 3 weddings there at the same time.

It'd be more helpful if you could let us know what your budget is.  There are a lot of great venues out there but to know what you're meaning of breaking the bank is would help us narrow it down ;)

Edit: OP, you might want to change your screen name so it's neither your email address or your full name
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    check out one of the saphire groups venues, the villa or the saphire estate.  the packages are easily neogtiable and the staff is amazing.  i'm working with katelyn at the villa and she's the best :) 

also when i was searching for a venue i checked out Venenzia in Dorchester and their prices were fairly reasonable, i feel like you got a lot for your money there.  right on the water too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out the Oceanview in Nahant.  They have inexpensive but fantastic wedding packages , and the view there is just incredible!  They only do one wedding per day there, and the staff is simply fantastic!  (I was just married there a few weeks ago, and everyone had a fantastic time!)
    Anniversary Visit The Nest! my read shelf:
    Margot's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Black Swan in Georgetown is amazing (we're going with them for our ceremony and reception). Very reasonable pricing!
    I've been in a wedding at Danversport, and I don't recommend them at all.  There were 2 other weddings going on, we had to fight for the coordinators attention, some of the food was icky-cold, and it just wasn't an overall good experience. 
    Cafe Escadrille does include a lot in their packages. My friend got married there and loved her experience.  I wasn't in love with their salesperson, but based on my friend's experience, I'd definitely recommend them. She had a great time planning her wedding there.  The package is extensive.
    4/29/12
  • Options
    noodle_oonoodle_oo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We can't really help you unless you post your budget!  Either total or per person. 
  • Options
    winterclassicwinterclassic member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the Peabody Essex Museum in Salem. Its such a great spot. I saw a wedding going on there while I was in town a few weeks ago and I imagine it must have been stunning.
  • Options
    Blueyed228Blueyed228 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got married at Danversport Yacht Club in the big ballroom and they were fantastic to work with.  Everyone raved about the food, the venue, etc.

They do have 3 rooms available, but they all have separate entrances and the wedding never interact with each other.  You each have your own space for the ceremony, pictures, etc.  Each room also has its own kitchen and chef.  They do a lot of weddings, but i would hardly call them a "wedding factory".  Seeing as they book up really fast and have been in business as long as they have, they must be doing something right.  They also are always updating the rooms to keep them fresh and with the times.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards