Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Bachelorette Boston ideas

Hi ladies, I am a bride living in IL but originally from ME and getting married in ME this Sept. My girls want to go to Boston for the bachelorette party and I thought I would see if any of you had suggestions of things to do/places to go etc. that you thought was fun at either your own party or someone else's!
Thanks for the tips!

Re: Bachelorette Boston ideas

• Options
    We went to Jacque's in the Theater District- it's a drag cabaret and it's HILARIOUS. Totally...NC17- prepare to be fondled by drag queens- but seriously so much fun!
  • Options
    I know this may be cheesy... but I'm going to throw it out there anyway. I went to "Howl At The Moon" for a 30th birthday party and had a blast! It's a piano bar that is just super fun. We stayed at the Intercontinental and it was walking distance to the bar. Plus, there are a ton of other bars in the area that you can hop around to.

If you are making a weekend of it, you could also do some of the fun summer things: whale-watching tours, "booze-cruises" on the harbor at night, Freedom Trail Bar Hop, and throw in a nice dinner on Newbury Street. Boston is filled with fun things to do, see, and go to. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Another NC-17 idea - there is a show called Male Encounters (I'm on my work laptop so can't include a link here lol), I believe it's one of the few, if not the only, strip club for women in the area. I went for my friend's bachelorette party 2 years ago and it was lots of fun! They bring the bachelorettes up on stage (if they don't mind of course) and also come up to your tables to dance.  It's located right in downtown Boston, so easy access to lots of clubs in the area afterwards.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I too was going to suggest Jacques!  So much fun!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    SD210SD210 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    Just went to a birthday party at Howl at the Moon - so much fun.  It would be perfect for a bachlorette party.

A couple of tips:  get there early.  Really early.  Like 5:30 pm on a Saturday night early, IF you want guaranteed tables to sit at.  We were there on a Sat night and by 6:30 pm all of the tables in the place were filled.  I had emailed ahead about reservations - you can get on a list to by pass the line at the door, but they will not reserve tables.  Tables are first come, first serve.  The woman from the bar told me to get there by 6 pm and she wasn't lying.  It fills up fast!  The musicians take requests and can play almost anything.  Lots of dancing.  Very fun!

BUT - the food sucks.  All fried food and not the best quality.  But if you get there early, you can't really go out to dinner somewhere else and still get a table.  So we just ate there.  It was Meh.  But it put something in our stomachs before a long night of drinking!  But food aside, it is a fun place.  Intercontinental is nearby; Boston Harbor Hotel is nearby; Langham Hotel is nearby and the Hilton on Broad Street is very close too (and probably most affordable out of the hotels I've mentioned.)  This area is also walking distance to Fanuiel Hall (shopping, dining), the Aquarium, and other general tourist stuff.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    another vote for Howl at the moon.  I love piano bars!  Another idea is a booze cruise around boston harbor.  Jimmy plunkett is a good time if you can find one of his cruises around the time you are looking.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • Options
    I love Shear Madness (improv comedy audience participation show in the Theatre District). If you tell them you're in a group, they'll include jokes about you gyus, bachelorette parties, etc. It's one of the funniest shows I've ever seen.
  • Options
    I was in Boston for my bachelorette which was pretty low key.  We went out to dinner in the North End.  The food is great no matter where you go.  Then we went to The Living Room (a bar) to hang out afterwards.  It was really great if you don't want anything crazy.  
  • Options
    We did the Disco Trolley on the 10th.  
    Let me explain why you should AVOID it:
    The description of what they offer is not accurate.  It does not provide any free entrance or advantage to any clubs.  It's a glorified limo with a bathroom.  If that sounds good to you, you might enjoy this.  I was hoping that prepayment would avoid over payment, but not the case with us.  After a crazy night out of babysitting for two very drunk and sick friends, I would do it over by going out with just a handful of my closest girlfriends.  I want a do-over and I feel horrible admitting that because my sister-in-law worked so hard and paid so much for our excursion. 
    Do a girls weekend.  Stay a short taxi ride outside of the city.  Go out and have fun.  No one wants to spend their night in line to get into a bar.  Most of all, enjoy.  
  • Options
    Ha, mine is going to be at Jacques!  I did not know about the fondling, but I guess that is something to look forward to, lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards