Maine

Rehersal Dinner Ideas? Brunswick/Bath Area?

Hi! So I'm supposed to come up with rehersal dinner ideas for my future in-laws (they live in CT) and I'm stumped!! I don't live in Maine anymore so things have changed... Any one have any ideas, should be able to hold 40 ppl (yes this is going to be a LARGE wedding.. geez).
Thanks!!

Re: Rehersal Dinner Ideas? Brunswick/Bath Area?

• ebachelderebachelder member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What level of formality?  I grew up in the Yarmouth area and am getting married in Yarmouth next summer.  We're thinking of places like the Harraseeket Inn, Royal River Grillhouse, Jameson Tavern, etc.  Those are usually fairly safe bets but for 40 people might be crazy pricey.  There's a Mediterranean grill in Freeport that is DELICIOUS and probably more reasonably priced.
  • edited December 2011
    Some ideas for restaurants...
    --Back Street Bistro, Brunswick -- fantastic food, a little more upscale but still really cute. They have an upstairs you might be able to reserve. I like going here for my bday!
    --Sea Dog, Topsham -- casual but yummy; you could probably reserve part of the restaurant. My favorite hang out place.
    --Kennebec Tavern, Bath -- lots of seafood, on the river, pretty good food. They have some separate rooms you could reserve, I think.
    --Azure Cafe, Freeport -- a little fancier, with an upstairs area you might be able to reserve. We've been here a couple times for dinner for special occasions.
    --Taste of Maine, Bath -- seafood, a little kitschy, but the upstairs is a banquet room and has a deck overlooking the water. I haven't had a lot of food there so not sure if it's good. We had my high school prom there!
    --Lion's Pride, Brunswick -- Upscale Belgian bar with food ranging from pub favorites to duck and lamb. A modern vibe with beer decor. I know they had a bridal shower there one night when I was there for dinner, and have a separate dining room you could reserve. DH loves this place for a night out!
    --Joshua's Tavern, Brunswick -- A popular bar in town, but the food is surprisingly good, and it has an upstairs dining room you might be able to reserve.

That's all I can think of right now! good luck...
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    SeaDog.  Hands-down favorite... You can find me there at least once a week.  They've got some fantastic views of the river too!

I'm actually having my after-party there in less than 3 weeks.  Can't WAIT!
    August 28th, HERE I COME!
  • edited December 2011
    Oh!  And the Sea Dog also has an AMAZING brunch buffet on Sundays with $3 Mimosas and Bloody Marys. We're doing that for the Day After - before our guests from "away" head out.
    August 28th, HERE I COME!
  • edited December 2011

My fiance and I are doing our rehersal dinner at Conundrums in Freeport...at the "Big Indian" on Route 1. They don't have a website, and looking at the outside of the restaurant, you'd think I was crazy...but the inside is incredible. We will be using the back patio area for our rehersal and it's very cool and loungy. It's a dark, covered patio and there are sofas and loungy chairs, and two roaring fireplaces in the Fall/winter. It is a wine bar as well and the choices are endless if you are a wino. The food is ever changing and always delicious. The back patio would be perfect for a party of your size.

• edited December 2011
    Thank you all sooo much!! These are wonderful ideas!! Thank you all again so much!!! I gotta be honest I'm not sure on the formality of it, but these are great places to start from and to start visiting when I go up and visit my mom! :-D

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards