New York-Long Island

cant find a dress!

ahhh im starting to freak out a little bit. its a year until the wedding and i know the style of dress i would like but i stilll havent been wowed by anything. i really like a lot of the dresses from simone carvalli and im actually traveling quite a ways to try on some of the dresses but im afraid that they are out of my price range. my dream dress is either a mermaid or trumpet with silk satin, chapel train with a modified sweetheart neckline and just a little beading on the top. i came close with one dress but it was in lace. help me out!!!

Re: cant find a dress!

• edited December 2011
    You can try Bridal Suite of Centereach or Paradise Bridals in Patchogue. The other option is to really find the designer you like and try and visit a showroom in the city.
  • edited December 2011

Despite what tv and other folks would say, you still have more than enough time - especially if your wedding is during off-peak season.  If you are getting to the 8mo mark, then I'd worry.  If you aren't quite sure of the dress type your want, I'd suggest going to David's Bridal and just trying on a few of the different styles.  Once you know what style you want, narrow down to the designer you'd like to get your dress from and go from there.

If budget is a concern, then if I were you, I'd go to salons and stores that'll have more of the dresses you'd like in your price range, or look for designers that offer moderately priced dresses.   For example, Maggie Sottero, Midgley Sottero, Mori Lee, among others, design lines that are very budget friend (nice dreses can be had for under $1k).  Look online, see what strikes your taste and go from there.  No one says you have to find the dress you want right away or that just visiting one store is all that it takes....

• nicole1125nicole1125 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Paradise Bridal in Ptchogue is where I went they were great! Highly reccomend them!!
  • auntie44auntie44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here’s a brand new Lazaro designer wedding gown priced right!  This diamond white wedding gown was designed by Lazaro (Style #3750) and was purchased at Kleinfeld in NYC.  Unfortunately, the wedding was cancelled. 

With tags still attached, this hand-embroided silk-organza wedding gown was never worn and never altered (only opened for pictures).  Lazaro size 10.  Kleinfeld professional measurements are Bust 34, Waist 27, Lower Hip 38 and Hollow to Hem 59” long.  This gown is perfect for a tall bride – bride must be at least 5’9” tall.  

Asking price for this beautiful designer gown, with the matching veil included, is $2,150 far below retail cost.  New York residents are welcome to view and try-on. Lots of pictures is this mermaid/trumpet style gown.  Just email kvanbell@optonline.net for more informtion and good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards