Pre-wedding Parties

Bridal Shower or Bachelorett Party

Another bride I know is asking guests to bring the naughtier gifts to her bachelorett party verses her bridal shower. 

Is this normal?  Have any of you done this?  Would you reccomend this?

Thanks for helping my confussion and curiosity.

Payday

Re: Bridal Shower or Bachelorett Party

• Well, the bride shouldn't be asking for anything.  Whoever plans the bachelorette party can request this but not the guest of honor herself.

Anyway, yes - I've heard of lingerie and sex toys being given at a bachelorette party or a lingerie party.  I didn't do this myself - not my style.
  • I don't think a bride should say anything about what type of gifts should be brought.  

You can only hope that your guests will have the good sense to bring those types of things to a family occasion.
  • That bride is rude. She doesn't get to dictate what type of gifts people bring and to where.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Sorry I used the wrong wording.  In her bachelorette invites she hinted at bringing lingerie by placing her sizes on a paper doll in the invite
    Payday
  • Her twin that lives with her sent them.  She isn't planning any of it she just happens to live with the person that is
    Payday
  • I think this is normal, I have already made it clear to my friends that I will not wear feathered boa's or penis shaped items and I do not want bachelorette naughty girls. I want a low key fun night of drinking with my friends....

But I have some friends who are all about the lingerie bachelorette parties and what not and that is fine too :) It is a party and if your planning your bachelorette and wondering what to do think of the group of people you will be with (friends, family, a mix) and choose what you want.  As far as your friend I would buy her a regular shower gift and then bring a pair of underwear from Victoria Secrets to the B Party.

A wedding is a party, not a performance. If at the end of the day you are married to the one you love, then everything went perfectly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards