DC

Reconstruct Mother's Dress

I am looking to reconstruct my mother's wedding dress.  Does anyone know someone who will do this? Google is not working out well. I live in NoVA but would travel to DC or MD if need be.

Re: Reconstruct Mother's Dress

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_dc_reconstruct-mothers-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:57Discussion:62e02166-5c93-4286-9b99-3a2068a74b30Post:646c4f0d-346a-48d6-ad83-ca62c9c4b873">Reconstruct Mother's Dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am looking to reconstruct my mother's wedding dress.  Does anyone know someone who will do this? Google is not working out well. I live in NoVA but would travel to DC or MD if need be.
    Posted by marebertola[/QUOTE]You probably want to talk to Angie Cavallaro, 703-830-0634.  <a href="http://www.expressnightout.com/2009/01/finishing_touches_a_seamstress_story/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Here is a link to an article about both her and Estee Livioco (who was the one we used, and who was also spectacular</a>).  You don't go wrong with either of them, but Angie is closer to you.
  • I think this is  a risky decision, how do you know it will turn out the way you want and why would you want to re-design and cut up another persons dress?  Just a thought for you to ponder.
  • @2dBride: I didn't see the link come through. Did you reconstruct your dress? Do you have any before/after pics? Of course we don't want it to turn out horrible.

@cayharrop: Part of the decision is for sentimental reasons and the other is for budgetary reasons. I have no idea of the cost, though. If it costs more than some of the other dresses then we would probably not go that route. I do have fears that it wouldn't turn out the way that I want which is why I'm looking for some recommendations.
  • PrfctL7PrfctL7 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2013
    Ellie's Bridal Boutique I know does this as well. You make an appointment and consult with the seamstress for free, I believe, and only get charge after you agree to actually go thorugh with the alterations.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards