October 2012 Weddings
Options

Theme idea

Hey Girls,
   I have chosen my colors, but today I was just struck by a theme I really like. Love Letters. As a lot of you know my FH is deployed and will be writing a lot of letters. Any ideas on how we could maybe incorporate letters into our wedding without being over the top. I was considering maybe taking a few lines of our letters and spreading them in
 the wedding somehow, but I'm not sure how. Any ideas? 

Love,

Re: Theme idea

• Options
    Maybe have your stationary have a love letter look to them, either like notebook paper or something.  Do the theme in your table numbers, menus, programs... if you're not doing table numbers, maybe frame letters for parts of letters to have on the table...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    My favorite author is Nicholas Sparks and I am going to take my favorite love quotes from his books and frame a different one to put on each table. You could use lines from your letters to frame. Also I have seen some BEAUTIFUL book centerpieces before.

I think that would be sooo cute! Good Luck!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    OOHHHH I LOVE THAT IDEA!!!  so sweet!  love the idea of using some of the quotes from some of your own letters, if your ok with people reading them. 

maybe you can make the programs look like a hand writen letter, or show the stamps from where your FH has been deployed, or that stamp mark that the post office uses? 
    what about getting some of the quotes actually writen on the cake?
    Oct. 2012 Siggy E-Rings Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    acwmacwm member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    What a sweet idea. I like the idea of incorporating it into your stationery and programs. You could also use lines from letters or love quotations for your guest book. I love that theme!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Maybe a map with pins of where he was deployed to (generally, don't want to cross the opsec line)... with letters, or parts of letters around it?  Tie string to where you were, maybe put how many miles apart, for how long?  Find a cute quote about distance and love above it? 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    I'm not creative so I can't really help with ideas, but I love that theme!  It would add a very personal and romantic touch. :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Wow! Great ideas! :) I'll mull them over.  I'm thinking I really love the idea of quotes around a guestbook or handwrittten programs!! :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards