Texas-San Antonio
Options

I need a venue!

help! I need a venue that I can have both my ceremony and reception at and it needs to be indoors all with a 10k budget! do y'all have any suggestions? I am having a vintage wedding, so a place with character would be appreciated

Re: I need a venue!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    For how many ppl?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    txgeogirltxgeogirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I don't know  if they do the ceremony, but have your tried the Bright Shawl?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I actually was thinking about oak leaf banquet hall on naco-perrin.. has anyone had any experience with them? 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I have been to Oak Leaf twice. once for a funeral and once for a wedding. It is old and most likely a very cheap (monetary wise). I would not suggest it, but if you have a 10k budget you could really spruce it up. Plus there is not a lot of parking and the area is a little questionable.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would suggest the El Tropicano! We are having a rockabilly/motown wedding there May 1st. It has the perfect retro feel to the place.  We are accomadating 100 guests for about 5-6 k.

Another good place is the the Marriot Courtyard on S. Alamo. They have wonderful food, and not alot of decoration needs to be done in their beautiful wedding gazebo/garden. They have peacocks walking around on grounds.
  • Options
    amc1217amc1217 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also suggest Pat O'Brien's downtown.  We were on a very limited budget and their prices were pretty reasonable.  It's an old building so it definitely has character, that's what I really liked about it.  There's an original brick wall dividing the main banquet room and I loved that.  It's vintagey and elegant and doesn't necessarily need alot of decoration.  And my limited experience with the catering manager was positive, she seemed pretty responsive.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Sheraton Gunter Hotel also has an old world vintage feel I think you could definitely do 150 ppl under 10,000
  • Options
    NaJ2010NaJ2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Bushnell - it's an apartment building primarily but if you get married there, you get the top floor (which is a ballroom) and the rooftop terrace that overlooks downtown SA. To rent that location, it's $3900 but that's only for the venue itself - you bring everything else. It's a beautiful venue - I would definitely recommend it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    are you willing to travel a bit out of san antonio? several places in the hill country and Fredricksburg have great prices and adorable venues.
    VICTORIA image 135 Invited so far!
    image 90 Are ready to party!
    image 40 Will be missing out!
    image 5 Are MIA!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I'm getting married in Jan. 2011 and have done EXTENSIVE searches on venue's.  I'll have to say that when I found out Pat O'Briens did receptions, I was totally in!  I did keep looking but kept coming back to Pat O's.  You get the whole upstairs and it's really pretty.  They have a private entrance for the wedding reception so your guests won't get lost at the actual bar lol.  They are very reasonable and the ladies in charge are amazing.  The space is huge and does have a lot of character.  I would totally recomed Pat O's.  Atleast call and make an appt. with Crystal.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards