September 2012 Weddings

Parent Gifts

Are you getting your parents gifts to give them of day of?  If so what are you giving them?  We wanted to get them photo albums after the wedding but I feel like we should give them something on the day of. I have hankies for our moms but nothing for the dads. Thoughts and ideas?

Re: Parent Gifts

• I made cufflinks for the dads.  You can buy them at Michaels and then I just covered with Mod Podge Dimensional.  They were pretty easy to make you just have to leave plenty of time to drive.

For FFIL:  
  • My parents are paying for most of the wedding so I wanted to get them something really nice. I've been stalking Groupon's Getaways deals because my dad is always complaining that him and my mom never go anywhere. I really don't know what to get FFIL though.
    Anniversary
  • I got my mom, dad and FMIL personalized hankerchiefs off of etsy. Not exactly sure what else we're doing. . .
  • My parents are paying for the wedding- so I wanted to get them something huge as a thank you.  I'm thinking about getting a giftcard for a cruise.  Not sure what to get FI parents though-- they are sending us on our honeymoon
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • We got the hankys for the moms but also we are giving them all gift cards for really nice restraunts.
    Visit The Knot! White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 217 Invited...
    image 166 Got their boots on!
    image 49 Missin' out.
    image 2 are makin' us mailbox stalk!
    RSVP Date: September 1
  • We also plan to give our parents albums after the wedding but wanted to have something extra for them to open.

Both sides love fresh cut flowers, so we got each couple a nice ruffle vase that we also have the same one. So we can all use our vases and know that we all have one on display in our homes to symbolize our family love and bond.
  • I'm getting the parents albums after the wedding as well. I plan on also giving them 5x7 Michael aram heart frames to open on the rehearsal dinner.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards