Snarky Brides
Options

I'm Thankful For...

Well, my FI, FBIL, FBIL friend and FBIL leech are in the kitchen drunk, I'm in here on TK...I'm thankful for Peanut (my dog) eating all the burnt popcorn from the bag.  Also thankful for people to bs with who know the score.  What are you thankful for?

Re: I'm Thankful For...

• Options
  • Options
    Also who is FBIL leech?
  • Options
    I'm thankful I don't have to spend the holiday with my family. Also that FI finally went to sleep after being out drinking for 5 hours. He always apologizes profusely for nothing when he is drunk.
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    K&J64K&J64 member
    First Comment
    edited November 2010
    I'm thankful for my family and for spending thanksgiving with both my sisters, and parents, for the first time in 4 years (one sis has been at home or her IL's every other year).

I'm thankful for the dog trainer at PetSmart where our puppy just graduated from her 2nd course, he's really helped us shape her into a semi-normal dog versus the little monster she was 7 months ago.

I'm thankful for my FI, that we both have decent jobs, a home and that while this time might be a bit of a struggle financially at times, that we're building the life we're always wanted, together.

I'm also thankful for beer, I think I'll have one now.

Photobucket
  • Options
    FBIL has a friend who (God love him) is totally harmless but is shitfaced after one beer.  Problem is, he doesn't stop at one.  He has like nine... We call him Wobbler (his name is Walker-called him Wobbler to his face once by accident...oops) because he can't stand upright and walk in a straight line most of the time.  He shows up at various people's houses, usually around dinnertime, and voila, he's got food etc.  As I said, he's harmless, and even more of a surprise, my Peanut, who pretty much hates all men, loves him.  She must not see him as a threat.  So, when we see his bike leaning against the tree, it's a "aw hell---sigh" type moment.  But FBIL doesn't have lots of friends so we don't want to chase him off.
  • Options
    Oh yeah, I'm thankful for Stella too... (Stella Artois...mmmmmmm)
  • Options
    Haha, yeah we've got some friends like that. I was hoping it was FBILs bitchy gf and there would be juicy dramz. I am a gossip whore when I'm drunk :)
  • Options
    I'm thankful for being able to spend Thanksgiving with my family - my entire immediate family, and the entire side of my Dad's family. I'm also thankful that the reason we are all coming together like this is because my paternal grandmother turns 90 on Sunday and we're throwing her a surprise party at the church.

I'm also thankful my family has welcomed J into the fold with open arms the way they have.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_im-thankful-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:83df9c81-9771-4ae5-bd49-94a49bf6897cPost:2a447a9e-2703-4c6f-8614-b53291f3fca0">Re: I'm Thankful For...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh yeah, I'm thankful for Stella too... (Stella Artois...mmmmmmm)
    Posted by Bkseller13[/QUOTE]

Ah, that's what I just grabbed from the fridge - cheers!

I named my last car Stella... it may or may not have been in reference to the beer.

Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_im-thankful-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:83df9c81-9771-4ae5-bd49-94a49bf6897cPost:f03faaf0-7632-48f5-a791-8963712b6853">Re: I'm Thankful For...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm Thankful For... : <strong>Ah, that's what I just grabbed from the fridge - cheers! I</strong> named my last car Stella... it may or may not have been in reference to the beer.
    Posted by kcullen37[/QUOTE]

And I say unto thee...slainte.  It was an Irish friend who introduced me to this Belgian beer.  I now have 4 guys in my house talking cars...anyone care to guess why I'm hiding out in my study on TK????  (Dont' care about who can or can't control a computer controlled car vs. a non computer controlled car...How the f*ck do they come up with this sh*t?)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_im-thankful-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:83df9c81-9771-4ae5-bd49-94a49bf6897cPost:2a447a9e-2703-4c6f-8614-b53291f3fca0">Re: I'm Thankful For...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh yeah, I'm thankful for Stella too... (Stella Artois...mmmmmmm)

I can only guess that this is soe kind of alcohol, in which case I will say it is probably something to be thankful for.

I am a bottle into my favorite northern Ohio coast wine that tastes like grape juice. I think I am officially KUI
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_im-thankful-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:83df9c81-9771-4ae5-bd49-94a49bf6897cPost:3838fe89-aa79-491e-8981-83fb3eb3a46d">Re: I'm Thankful For...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm Thankful For... : <strong>And I say unto thee...slainte</strong>.  It was an Irish friend who introduced me to this Belgian beer.  I now have 4 guys in my house talking cars...anyone care to guess why I'm hiding out in my study on TK????  (Dont' care about who can or can't control a computer controlled car vs. a non computer controlled car...How the f*ck do they come up with this sh*t?)

This Irish girl approves :) Car talk is very boring. I'm also semi-allergic to sports talk such as pre or post game shows or ESPN, barf. I don't even really like watching sports, I certainly don't want to hear people talk about them endlessly. Keep drinking until it sounds like they're talking about something that interests you ;)

Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_im-thankful-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:83df9c81-9771-4ae5-bd49-94a49bf6897cPost:478c4d4c-d04f-47fc-acf6-217bcb62cfe2">Re: I'm Thankful For...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm Thankful For... : This Irish girl approves :) Car talk is very boring. I'm also semi-allergic to sports talk such as pre or post game shows or ESPN, barf. I don't even really like watching sports, I certainly don't want to hear people talk about them endlessly. Keep drinking until it sounds like they're talking about something that interests you ;)

Ugh. I can't take any sports watching or talk at all. I usually end up zoning out and nodding to everything, but not hearing any of it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_im-thankful-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:83df9c81-9771-4ae5-bd49-94a49bf6897cPost:478c4d4c-d04f-47fc-acf6-217bcb62cfe2">Re: I'm Thankful For...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm Thankful For... : This Irish girl approves :) Car talk is very boring. I'm also semi-allergic to sports talk such as pre or post game shows or ESPN, barf. I don't even really like watching sports, I certainly don't want to hear people talk about them endlessly. <strong>Keep drinking until it sounds like they're talking about something that interests you ;)
    </strong>Posted by kcullen37[/QUOTE]

I may never be sober again.  They morphed from cars to FDA drug approval.  (From cars to computer controlled cars to "ghost in the machine cars" to lack of human control to animal testing to drug approval by the FDA.)  Wow... and not a one of them are sober.  So they're shouting over each other...sigh.  I'm thinking that my new Michael Connelly book and a beer in the bedroom is sounding pretty damn good about now.
  • Options
    I'm thankful for the fact that I'm gaining an awesome family in less than a month. I love my future in laws so much. :)
  • Options
    I'm thankful that I can make Jersey jokes and JenGin, KCul, Aprove, and Sarah#s really get them.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_im-thankful-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:83df9c81-9771-4ae5-bd49-94a49bf6897cPost:6342ec78-a172-4cf3-a9d7-b2bd37258cb9">Re: I'm Thankful For...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm Thankful For... : I just make sarcastic, somewhat inappropriate, possibly obnoxious jokes. Actually, I guess that's pretty much my usual reaction in most situations.  :P
    Posted by NatesGirl16[/QUOTE]

It wouldn't be so bad if FI didn't want to watch sports every hour of every day. I counter it by watching as much SYTTD and Bridezillas as possible.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_im-thankful-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:83df9c81-9771-4ae5-bd49-94a49bf6897cPost:41362350-2a67-4b16-ad86-5a5910d226c0">Re: I'm Thankful For...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm Thankful For... : ETA: BK - I'd actually be interested in the FDA talk, but I work in Pharma, so there's that. I love you pup in your sig pic. What kind of dog is he/she? Some sort of shepard or terrier mix?

My FI is in med field too, he works R&D in a med company, his most recent project was a medical grade generator for RF ablation.  My Peanut (she) is a Shepherd/Rottie mix.  At least that's what the vet thinks.  With a pound puppy, it's hard to tell.  Perhaps I'll spring for a DNA test someday....
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_im-thankful-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:83df9c81-9771-4ae5-bd49-94a49bf6897cPost:4e75fc59-75f9-4275-94d9-3cbabf3f98da">Re: I'm Thankful For...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am thankful that we made it halfway to FIs hometown tonight without much trouble. Weather was supposed to be a bitch and I-70 sucks in general being only 4 lanes and shiit tons of semi's.  Weather cooperated and not much traffic (surprisingly).  I am also thankful that FI lets me sit in the back seat watching DVD's with the puppy.  But only cuz I'm a PIA in the front seat (I guess grabbing the door and oh shiit handle tend to bother him).  And thankful I had cocktails on the way. I am also thankful to be spending the holiday with FILs instead of my own crazy ass family.  Saturday's open house (engagement party disguised) will suck probably.  Ugh.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]
    Be safe!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards