Missouri-St Louis

Air brush Make-up?

I really want make-up that is going to hold up through everything.  I am a bit of a cryer, so I know I need something water proof.  I don't want to be shiney and I love eye make-up a bit dark.  I was wondering if I should go with air-brush.  I hear it is much better for your skin and holds up much better.  I have started looking into it, but don't know what prices average.  Any advice?

Re: Air brush Make-up?

• edited December 2011
    you need to check out holly speakes. She just did airbrush for my engagement pictures and it looks beautiful. It was really light and made my skin look amazing.
    http://www.stlmakeupartist.com
  • angiems97angiems97 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you having Holly do your wedding make up? I have talked to her several times and am booking her for my wedding!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I second Holly Speakes!  I did my trial with her last night (hair & make-up).  Airbrush make-up & fake lashes cost about $85.  I do not wear make-up & I really liked the airbrush!  I have naturally long lashes, so I didn't think I would need the fake ones, but they really do make the look more dramatic & elegant.

Another plus about Holly is that she will travel to you without requiring a minimum amount of people use her services or having a minimum amount of money spent.  I am the only one getting my hair & make-up done, and my MOH is getting her make-up done... others that I contacted wouldn't provide us traveling service because our WP wasn't big enough.

• angiems97angiems97 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I have talked to Holly several times after reading a post on theknot on another board.  She is so sweet and I booked her for my wedding.  She is only doing my mom's and I make up and it is so nice of her to do!  She is travling to IL too!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards