Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Morning!

Happy Tuesday!
I am working from home for a little this morning because I have a meeting close to home. Afterward, I am hoping to stop off at the SS Office to get my name changed. Last night I just came home and watched tv and had some wine while DH was at his bowling night. It seems like I never have the TV to myself which was nice for a change. Tonight I have a presentation after work that I hope goes quickly!

Hope everyone has a nice day!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Morning!

• Options
    JamieK1882JamieK1882 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Morning!
    It's been another stressful week thus far at work and I can't wait for the weekend!! Last night I worked for awhile and went to a body works class at the gym. I was in the mood to bake ,but by the time DH got home from the store with ingredients, the feeling had passed lol. Maybe tonight.

Trish-dont you have to wait for the triplicate license thing to change your name?? I'm still waiting on mine but if I can do it with the church certificate I'm going! let me know!

• Options
    ros3392ros3392 member
    edited December 2011
    Jamie- IDK... DH got the seal from Washington County stamped yesterday. I thought all that was needed was the two seals and that was good.
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning Ladies!
    I had class last night which was not the most fun! We had a project due and basically everyone just presented their projects... It gets VERY annoying b/c a few ppl in my class just like to hear themselves talk and really never say anything relevant to the class! One woman (while presenting mind you) started talking AGAIN about how her son and daughter are gifted... it had NOTHING to do with the presentation or what we're learning in class~ It REALLY gets on my nerves! lol... anyway, I came home, took the pup for a quick walk, ate a Smart One, and watched my DVRd DWTS...

Oh and I got to talk to FI on the phone yesterday about Pittsburgh! It actually went quite well and he told me he would look into jobs in the area! He did say that if he couldnt find anything that we just couldn't do it, but he did say - which I thought was very sweet - that I've been here in Philly for so long it's only fair that we spend some time in pgh! Fingers crossed everything goes well and he finds something! Luckily for me, I'm able to get a job at my dad's office and can most likely transfer into Duquesne to finish my masters program.... I still kind of think it's not going to happen but its nice that it's at least a possibility!!

Trisha - GL with the name change!! How exciting!! Also GL with your presentation - what is it on?

Jamie - I hear you on the stressful week! I'm right there with you! Yay for getting a work out in and GL with the baking!
  • Options
    cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    morning!

I agree with JamieK on the hectic week.. I was up til 1am finishing my thesis progress report.  Now I have to get started on the powerpoint for the oral presentation next Monday.  I'm just hoping I have time to take a break to watch Glee tonight.  In general, i'm not a huge fan of this season, but I like Rocky Horror and I'm hoping they do it well!

ros- hope the SS office stuff works out.
    Jamie - Hope the week flies by for you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning Ladies,

Last night was a blah night. I did manage to work out which was nice. We had a very gourmet dinner of scrambled eggs and hot dogs... I stink. I just wasn't in the mood to cook anything. So that's what we had. classy. Afterwards we just watched tv.
    Lots of work today! I hope the day will go fast.

Ros- I hear ya on the TV. FI is always at home (which is good!) and I never  have the tv. I wanted to watch Sister Wives last night, but he hates it so much, so I didn't get to watch. :( boo.

Jamie- I hope your day is less stressful! What are you in the mood to bake?
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • Options
    cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    g- thats great the talk with FI went well!  Fingers crossed that he finds something.  I desperately want to move back to Pittsburgh eventually, but first FI and I have to find a way to live in the same city, lol.
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    J - Omg... I watched a sister wives marathon on Sunday and it was really the first time I watched it... I was glued to the TV - it was kind of like a car crash - you don't want to look but you can't stop watching! Lol... also I am right there with you on the gourmet meals! lol - I ate a WW Smart One... very classy there too! hehe

md - GL on your PP and presentation! Hope things slow down a bit for you and you are able to relax and watch Glee :)
  • Options
    dbpsu18dbpsu18 member
    edited December 2011
    Hi Ladies! Very blah today here.. Last night we just had left overs and then I worked out and caught up on an episode of Sister Wives (still a week behind!). After that we just relaxed and watched The Event.. nothing too exciting!

Ros - goodluck w the presentation!

Jamie - what did you have in mind to bake?

G - glad the talk went well! What field is your FI in?

md - yikes for a hectic night last night! hope you can take a break tonight for glee!

jl -  i love having breakfast for dinner.. but FI hates doing that so i can't get away with it unless he's not home

• Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    db - my FI is in hospitality mgmt (HRIM degree)... he currently works as a F&B mgr for Marriott. We were home last weekend for my bro's wedding which was at the Pgh Airport Marriott and he talked to the banquet mgr there and she asked if he wanted to work for them - lol! At that point, we didn't have in mind that moving was a possibility but I'm still going to have him contact her to see if she was serious! Also, my mom said the Fairmont is hiring as well as. There really are a bunch of nice hotels in the pgh area that he can look into so we'll see!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    GMC- I hope he can find a job in Pittsburgh! Keep us updated!

So, Sister Wives-- I am seriously in love with Sister Wives. I think it is so interesting! I find it odd how actually normal they are. I can't imagine sleeping/spending the night with my husband once every 4th night. Also, it seems like a huge hassle for the man. On a recent episode (no real spoiler) they were talking and the first wife, Meri said, "You have no idea the amount of things we share" I immediately pictured his man parts. Hilarious, yet odd and uncomfortable.

RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am not tollerating the cold weather.at.all. I fear what is going to happen when January/February rolls around.

Last night, I was pretty lazy.  I laid on the couch most of the night watching TV and writing thank you notes (12 done! woh!)

Trisha-You are on the ball! I called the Marriage License Office yesterday and they said they are still processing paperwork from our Priest. I have to give them a call back next week to see if the official license is available!
    G-I'm glad the convo went well with DF!

Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    J - I COMPLETELY agree about sister wives. I'll 100% admit, I had no real desire to watch, but I kind of fell in love in a wierd way with their family. I was watching Amazing Wedding Cakes and Cake Boss earlier that day and it was just on after - I was working on my project so I didn't turn it off.

At first, I thought it was putting down women and such but they really do seem comfortable (for the most part) with it and seem like they honestly chose that lifestyle! It was interesting though, to see their reactions to Robyn. I also agree, I would NEVER be able to do that every 4th night thing - I am WAY too jealous of a person to deal with 3 other woman being 'with' my man but hey - to each their own. I thought Sunday was the finale right? I literally watched the whole entire season Sunday while working on my project and couldn't get enough! lol

Meg - I too am not adjusting well to the cold weather. I HATE HATE HATE winter and am hoping it's better than last year! I swear we had a blizzard every weekend!!! ugh... not looking forward to it. But yay for getting Thank-you's started!
  • Options
    dbpsu18dbpsu18 member
    edited December 2011

Sister Wives - I too fell into this randomly one day! And after one episode was so hooked that I immediately set up a series record on the DVR! It was the normalcy that hooked me! I really like the women and i just cant get over all the kids! I'm a bit on the fence about Robyn, though. She seems to cry alot during the "confessional" time.

G - there are lots of hotels around the burgh - and new ones seem to be popping up all the time! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

• Options
    edited December 2011

Good Morning! I didn't sleep well last night, so I'm dragging. Plus I went to bed late the night before... I really need to get more sleep. I don't know where the evening goes- one minute it's only 7, then next I know it's 10. Hopefully I can make it to bed shortly after BL is over tonight.

Trisha- Yay for making your name change official!

G- I'm glad to hear your FI is open to moving. GL on your future decisions!

• Options
    JamieK1882JamieK1882 member
    edited December 2011
    G-I had no idea moving was an option..I hope it works out! PS..I work here at Duquesne so maybe I'll see you IRL if you come here!

Jamie and Db-nothing exciting to bake. I found a bunch of cute halloween recipes, but DH requested M&M sugar cookies lol

Trish and Megan-keep me posted on how youchange your  name! Yesterday was our one montha nd I havent started yet...I'm so lost ! lol
  • Options
    ros3392ros3392 member
    edited December 2011
    Ok well I didn't have time to stop at the local office back home... I had to rush to a lunch meeting at 1.. So I found out there is one on Penn and Fifth here in the city which I plan to hit up tomorrow.

Jamie- I called the SS office and they said that I need to bring the license with both seals from the church and from the county with my SS card and a picture ID and they can change it.

I just want it changed already.. I don't even know what to call myself right now! I've changed it through work and with my insurance company through work already, but when I sign things I still use my old last name. Its been a little over a week and its already annoying me!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards