Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Mary Kay Foundation?

A friend of mine is doing my makeup for the wedding and she said she has most things covered but I need to pick out some good foundation. A coworker of mine is a a Mary Kay consulatnt and I was thinking of ordering through her. I was looking at getting their TimeWise Matte Wear liquid foundation, which I tried out and liked, and then their mineral powder to set it. Then potentially their mineral bronzer and facial highligting pen. Has anyone had any experience with these products? I want a long lasting foundation that will look good for day of. I was also reading mineral foundation doesn't photograph well so would using the powder over the foundation be a bad idea? I do not wear a lot of makeup normally and don't normally wear foundation so any input would be really appreciated! Thanks!

Re: Mary Kay Foundation?

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2012
    I use MK products for every day, however, I would not recommend the foundation for the wedding.  It simply does not last long enough. If you are going to invest money in makeup products for your wedding, foundation is the one place I would say splurge.

I am having B&G portraits taken next week and because the session is only going to be one hour and outside using natural light only, I am going to go ahead and just use the Timewise Luminious Wear foundation.  I just purchased the primer to use also.  I'll let you know in a couple of weeks how it goes.  That being said, I don't think it would stand up to a long day and heavy lighting.
  • rlavachrlavach member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    I'm a MK consultant, so I am a bit biased. I used a combination of MK and MAC products on my wedding day. I use the mineral powder for daily use and used the TW liquid for my e-pics and it turned out great. Granted, that's a shorter period of time. 

For my wedding, we mixed the MK primer with the MK extra emollient night cream mixed in 50:50. That gave a great base. Then MK concealer to hide all of my spots & dark circles. My MUA (also a MK consultant, but a professional cosmetologist) used a dark foundation to contour my cheeks and then an appropriately shaded foundation for my face. She did use MAC liquid foundation mixed in with a day radiance cream. She then went over it with MK mineral powder (not loose powder or pressed powder). She finished it with a light coat of airbrushing. That stuff didn't go anywhere!!!
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_mary-kay-foundation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:ca32f84a-dfde-4fcb-888b-6faf60696860Post:77fd5bd2-fc7b-490e-8fc0-b13fb2bdfbf1">Re: Mary Kay Foundation?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm a MK consultant, so I am a bit biased. I used a combination of MK and MAC products on my wedding day. I use the mineral powder for daily use and used the TW liquid for my e-pics and it turned out great. Granted, that's a shorter period of time.  For my wedding, we mixed the MK primer with the MK extra emollient night cream mixed in 50:50. That gave a great base. Then MK concealer to hide all of my spots & dark circles. My MUA (also a MK consultant, but a professional cosmetologist) used a dark foundation to contour my cheeks and then an appropriately shaded foundation for my face. She did use MAC liquid foundation mixed in with a day radiance cream. She then went over it with MK mineral powder (not loose powder or pressed powder). She finished it with a light coat of airbrushing. That stuff didn't go anywhere!!!
    Posted by rlavach[/QUOTE]

Ok, but you have to admit--you did ALOT more than just slap the MK foundation on and call it a day.  Not only that but you airbrushed OVER it.  (It does look beautiful though.)

So I stand by what I said. Don't get me wrong--I love it for every day!  But for someone DIYing their makeup, there are better options.  I will be very interested to see if the primer makes a difference, as I have not tried it yet.
  • Arbonne has the greatest foundation and this stuff called makeup primer that feels like silk or velvet on your skin!! It helps so ur makeup dont slide into your lines after its been on all day! you kno how your foundation will pile up in your lines or in the creases  on your eyelid? It prevents that! I went to a party about a month before my wedding and tried this stuff and I loved it so much I had a party of my own so I could get the hostess rewards and I used it and in 2 days my crows feet were gone and I had bad acne marks on my face that disappeared in a week and I signed up to sell it to get their discount and I love this stuff so much! Its called arbonne....I kept asking people if they have ever heaard of it and I got maybe 1 yes to every 9 no's and I thought everybody should have this stuff...It is life changing....My friend battled skin cancer for years and the doctors kept prescribing all these medications n stuff and she was so sick of putting all that junk on her face so I told her to try some arbonne and she did and it has been 2 years since she has had to go back to the doctor!!! My face was totally and completely clear for my wedding!! They are botanically based, vegan certified, hypoallergenic swiss skin care! You kno, the stuff the rich and famous use!! Carrie Underwood doesnt use neutrogena...she uses swiss skincare but the only difference is that arbonne is totally affrodable!! Laprarie is swiss skincare that the rich and famous use and just a moisturizer from them is $800 and their 7 step system is $2800!!! Arbonne is no where near that price! If you would like to try these products just let me kno...When you order they ask for an ID number and if you would like more info or have questions or would like to order just let me kno and we will talk!! I promise you wont be sorry u did!
  • rlavachrlavach member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_mary-kay-foundation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:ca32f84a-dfde-4fcb-888b-6faf60696860Post:643336d8-f958-473a-b4dc-0c776947faed">Re: Mary Kay Foundation?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mary Kay Foundation? : Ok, but you have to admit--<strong>you did ALOT more than just slap the MK foundation on and call it a day.</strong>  Not only that but you airbrushed OVER it.  (It does look beautiful though.) So I stand by what I said. Don't get me wrong--I love it for every day!  But for someone DIYing their makeup, there are better options.  I will be very interested to see if the primer makes a difference, as I have not tried it yet.
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]
    I never said I did. If you re-read my post, I never actually recommended anything in particular, I just stated what we chose to do. <div>
    </div><div>And the primer WILL make a difference. At least it does for me :)</div>
  • Thank you guys for your input! I think I am going to shop around a bit and then decide.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards