April 2013 Weddings

Do I bring my ring....

So FI and I are leaving tomorrow for a family camping vacation at the Jersey Shore.  I mentioned leaving my ring at home and Fi was really disappointed that I was going to leave it here. I didn't want to risk losing it between the beach and the lake and the woods, taking it on and off for sunscreen and all of the other various things that can happen to it.  He says that it is what the insurance is for that we have on it, but I still don't want to take any chances.  We haven't picked out bands yet, so wearing that isn't an option. Am I being paranoid?

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Do I bring my ring....

• vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

hmmm, I am not sure what I would do. If I do anything where I could possibly lose my ring (sports, lake, etc) I leave it at home or in the car.

Are you staying in a tent? If that is the case I would probably leave it at home or possibly wear it as a necklace just to keep it with me. I would also check what your insurance says about losing your ring. I had a friend who lost her ring, and the insurance company said that because she was at fault they wouldn't reimburse her.

• Are you car-camping(parking your car near the campsite)?  If so, you could take a chance and lock it up in the glove box or hide it somewhere else in the car.  I don't know about the safety up there but when I go camping it's usually somewhere pretty remote with no crime(that I know about anyway, lol).
  • edited July 2012
    I would leave it.. I never take mine when we go camping/floating/etc
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Personally I wear mine when we go to the shore.  My  hand swells when I am hot so I don't get concerned about losing it.  If you are that worried I would bring my ring box and put it in when you are in the water.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am going to a cottage next week and I will be leaving my ring in the cottage or car.  I don't want to lose it in the water!
  • Yeah, I think I will leave it or if I do decide to wear it - I'll bring the box and leave it in the car.   Thanks for the advice, ladies!

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Is your ring insured?
  • i went to miami for a week and left my ring at home. i didnt want it at the beach with sand etc, felt safer knowing it was at home :)  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If you leave it dont leave it in the car.. more of a change it will get stolen there then at home!
  • I'm a nurse, so it's kinda a daily debate on whether or not I should wear my ring.  FI purposefully got one that wasn't too tall so that I would be less likely to snag it on my rubber gloves, but it's still a concern.   I have only had it for 2 weeks, so I'm very attached to wearing it every day, but i'm thinking about getting myself a cheap, fake one.  I know it's pretty tacky, but I can't imagine what it would be like if I lost this one, you know?   What do you guys think about that?  I mean, after you get over the fact that, yes, it is totally tacky.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Green Tree Country Club

New Rochelle, NY

• I probably wouldn't leave a ring at home for a camping trip. We went on a day trip to a campground with family and friends, and I wore mine. When I had to put on sunscrean, I put my ring in my pocket, like I often do. When I go swimming, I usually leave it at home though. So it really depends on what you're planning on doing on your trip. We're going to a water park next month, and I'm thinking I'll probably leave it at home that day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2013 September Siggy Challenge
    Red Horse Barn, Huntington Beach, CA
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards