Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

New and need some DFW help

Hi all im originally from Dallas (Richardson) to be exact. Im now by Ft. Hood about an hour from Austin. We are engaged and now begining to plan the wedding. FINALLY! This is my first wedding and my first planning in a wedding and since ive been away from DFW for a few years im needing some local help. All of my BMs live in Dallas so we are doing the BM dress shopping there so its close and easy for them. I was thinking Davids Bridal since they have a large selection and descent prices. Im just wondering who has experience and which store they went to. I know DB varies from store to store so I want to have the best experience I can for my very special girls. Thanks so much for any and all help you can give.
Photobucket
April 2012 April siggy challenge: How I relax image
My Barely There Bio updated 7/12!

Re: New and need some DFW help

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi and welcome! A few of the girls had a discussion about some DB locations a while back and it can be found here: http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_just-wondering

Looks like Frisco had good feedback, and NE Mall had bad reviews...
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks sooooo much!!! Its so crazy that I have to ask for help to find places in the place I grew up. Thanks again and sorry if I posted this to closely to another similar post.
    Photobucket
    April 2012 April siggy challenge: How I relax image
    My Barely There Bio updated 7/12!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No worries, it was quite a few pages back. :D
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used the DB in Mesquite and had a pretty good experience, especially since I showed up without an appointment.
  • Options
    bigbabyfacebigbabyface member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I've been to DB in Frisco on two seperate occasions. The first was last March for a BM dress. The service...awful. We had THREE girls in there looking for dresses, it was the middle of the day, the store was empty, and we were ignored. When we finally asked if we could try on a selection of dresses the assistant was more than unhelpful, she acted annoyed...and was down right rude.

Now i'm a pretty fair person, so when I decided to go gown shopping, I decided to try there again, who knows. Maybe the girls in March were having a bad day. I went in to DB in Frisco again, last month on a Wednesday night, with no appointment. Before they even knew what I was in there for I was greeted by four different lovely women. They assigned one person to me, which proceeded to give me a book to look through, once she thought she knew what "my style" was, she pulled about 6 gowns. She was very helpful, and she didn't seem to rush us out of there, or act annoyed at all. And we stayed probably 20 minutes after closing.

When I went back to pick up my gown however it was a different story, since the gown I had purchased was a discontinued dress and the last one, it had to have a spot check (they wanted to check the beading since it was coming "off the floor"), they said it should take about 10 days, and they'd call me. I got no such call, and neither did my mother, (both our numbers were on the ticket)...after 20 days I called up there, and after 35 minutes of talking to some rude lady in the back, i'd finally got it out of her that my dress WAS ready, and had been for 12 days! I was frustrated but shrugged it off anyways, went that night...maybe 4 hours later to pick it up. The young lady i spoke with couldn't find my dress for a good 30 minutes, and kept coming out to ask me if I was SURE that it was from this location, if i was SURE that they should even had it...i told her they better have it, as it's been paid in full and i called 4 hours prior and was informed they had it....she came out from the back shortly after with my dress....i didnt realize till i got out side that the bag we paid the upgrade fee for was broken...so i went back inside for a new one...when i got home i was even more furious because she had put my dress in the bag UPSIDE down, instead of hanging it from the two straps that were made for a strapless gown to be hung on a hanger at the top...she decided to hang it from ONE strap, that was made for my bustle...genious!

All in all, i'd give the Frisco DB location a B- maybe a C....i honestly think no matter where you go though, it's all about who you get to assist you, because that can make or break your time in the store.

• Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're open to trying out other places, go to Bridal Co in Denton... they have a bigger selection, better customer service and for the most part, better prices.

Just a suggestion.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards