Ohio-Toledo

Cupcakes?

We decided to do a variety of cupcakes in place of a traditional cake; the only problem is that several bakers have recommended having a small cake to cut- Is it necessary to have a cake in addition to the cupcakes that will be served to guests?

Re: Cupcakes?

• catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe you could cut the cupcakes in half?   Or skip the whole 'cutting' thing all together and just feed eachother the cupcakes. I don't think you *need* a cake if you're doing cupcakes.  The cake cutting is just for pictures anyways I think.  So unless you want pictures of you two cutting into cake, I'd skip ordering a cake...
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I've never understood having a small cake to cut if you're having cupcakes.  I've been to a wedding with cupcakes, and they just cut one of the cupcakes in half for that, then fed it to each other just like you would with a normal cake.  I say skip the unnecessary expense of a small cake.
  • catarntinacatarntina member
    edited December 2011
    The only reason I can see having a small cake when doing cupcakes is for an anniversary cake.  But...you wouldn't cut into that at the ceremony anyways, and you could always just freeze a few cupcakes.
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011

Don't get a cake if you don't want one!  You can just use a cupcake to feed to each other.  I find lots of wedding vendors try to convince you that you need something else!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    But --- if you did decide to, Cake Arts Supply offers the PERFECT size little "taster" cakes baked in whatever flavor you want even with a filling. No filling is 3 DOLLARS, with filling is 4 dollars. I orded some (x3)to try to figure out what kind of cake we want, and it was 10 bucks. Cant beat that deal -- they were SO cute. For 6 bucks you could have an anniversary cake and one for cutting.

I ordered those on Tues of last week and they were ready by Saturday morning. Anyways, just a thought -- it doesnt have to be expensive but I can also see that using a cupcake is just as easy.
    Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust. Love still stands when all else has fallen. Corinthians 13:7-8 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know if you booked a cake yet but I am getting my cake from Creative Confections in BG. Her name is Chrissy and it is her home business. I am not positive on the cupcake price but I think they were around $1.00 each!! She is only charging $1.60 a slice for my cake!!! And it tastes AMAZING!! Best cake I have ever had!!
  • zmeganzmegan member
    edited December 2011
    I will have to check both places out, thank you!!!
  • bbn2011bbn2011 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Creative Confections is amazing.  Her cake tastes amazing & she is so easy to work with!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards