Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Non-Beach/Gazebo DW

Looking for all inclusive destinations/resorts in the Bahamas, Jamaica, Costa Rica or the Dominican Republic that offer ceremony locations other than a beach or gazebo.  Still on the premises but definitely no beach wedding.  Search engines are not proving to be helpful.  Thanks!  

Re: Non-Beach/Gazebo DW

• Options
    Hi there,

I'm getting married at the Garden of Eden at Breezes Bahamas resort. It was an absolute requirement of mine to get married somewhere that was not in the sand so I could wear some heels! I'm a shorty. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

You should be able to call the wedding departments of the resorts to find out a little more information.  Just be sure to sound like you are 99% sure of booking with them, this may make them feel more free to give you some of the details you want.

At Sandals Negril (and most likely all Sandals and Beaches resorts) they offer a garden/lawn area (although depending on how soft the grass is, heels can sink in). There are 3 gazebos on the property (an ocean view gazebo by the beach, one on the lawn and another in the garden).  Depending on the size of your guest list, you can use their games lounge (small but nice area, sort of an "indoor" spot) for your reception.

I think any resort you choose would have a location off the sand, especially because I would expect a back up location in case of rain to be somewhere off the beach. 

Hope this helps!  Feel free to ask any other questions!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Not sure if you're interested in Mexico, but our resort in Playa del Carmen, Iberostar Tucan offers a jungle location. We're having our ceremony on the beach, but the welcome cocktail party in the jungle location. It's really pretty- we were there last year for another wedding. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    msuprincess04msuprincess04 member
    5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2013
    I agree with you. I didn't want to get married on the sand, but I wanted a view of the ocean. So, I'm getting married in an oceanside garden. Most of the resorts have muliple places throughout the resort to hold ceremonies.  Just find a location and resort you are happy with, and when you request information, they will let you know what sites are available. 

The Palace resorts all (or at least most) have gazebo options. That's the only specific one I can think of off hand as it's been months since I've been looking at locations. There's also one that has a rooftop deck overlooking the water in Cancun that looks awesome, without the sand, too.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards