Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Valley Forge Wedding- Trying to be Budget Friendly!

My fiance and I are looking for places in or around Valley Forge for recpetion sites. We just started looking, and it's quite overwhelming! We were planning on getting married outside in valley forge park, then move somewhere local for the reception. Was just looking to see if anyone had any suggestions or know of any places that are local. Local could be, King of Prussia, Phoenixville, Spring City, Kimberton areas. Outside at valley forge isnt a problem, its the reception hall that seems to be so expensive. Any thoughts is appreciated! 

Re: Valley Forge Wedding- Trying to be Budget Friendly!

• Options
    Did you check with the park to see if you're allowed to have a ceremony there?  I think there could be regulations since it's a national park.  There's a nice firehouse in oaks that has a big banquet hall for weddings.  Mooreheads in Collegeville has really good food and prices.  The hall isn't that fancy, but it is used for weddings or they could do off-site catering.  Columbia Station has some good off-season and Friday night deals. That's where I'm getting married. If you only have about 50 people,  Shearer Elegance in Limerick does small weddings. And Mermaid Lake does inside weddings of about 150 people in a barn type banquet hall that's very affordable. If you have a big crowd, they have an outside BBQ type set-up that could be used.  They're in Blue Bell. Good luck!
  • Options
    I've seen weddings at the chapel there, just not outside. You may need a permit but likely not a big problem.
  • Options
    Thanks! I'm going to check out a few of the places that you mentioned. We have looked into having the wedding at the park in valley forge. Doens't look like too big of a deal there, just the recpetion options are making my head spin!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards