Moms and Maids

Only a MOH... what should she wear?

Hi everyone!

I read through some of the other posts and there is some great advice out there so I thought I'd give this a shot.  My fiance and I have planned for a very small bridal party for our August 2012 vineyard wedding (only his brother as a best man and my younger sister as a maid of honor).  I know that his brother will were a tux and that will set him apart as a special member of the bridal party but I'm having trouble with my sister.  Everytime we look at bridesmaid dresses we both leave saying the same thing: they're nice but they only look special when there are a bunch of matching or coordinating girls.  So my question is: what can I do with her to help her stand out from the crowd and not blend in as just another guest at the party? I know during the ceremony it will be obvious but I want her to be able to maintain that feeling for the whole night.  Any ideas? And I threw out the idea of adding some fresh flowers into her updo but she wasn't too keen on that.

Thanks!

Nicole

Re: Only a MOH... what should she wear?

• Hmm... I hadn't really thought about this.

I, too, only had a MOH.  I told her to pick whatever dress she wanted.  Her dress actually determined our "colors" of white and purple. 

I'm completely partial to flowers in her hair, but if she isn't in to that, what about some lovely barettes or hair combs?  Etsy has a lot of them. 

Or, perhaps a bridesmaid's dress in a paricular color and you add a beaded sash?  They are also popular in bridal shops and Etsy.

Good luck!
  • I also only had a MOH.  I just told her to pick out whatever dress she wanted to wear as long as it was any shade of red.  She picked a chiffon one since that was the material of my dress.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • What about a wrist corsage? That way it's not in her hair, but still sets her apart.
  • She'll be standing up with you during the ceremony, I think people will figure out who she is during the reception. 
  • I don't think there is much else you can do but have her wear a white dress!    People will know she is MOH when they see her stand up with you.  Just have her pick out a pretty dress in one of your wedding colors. 

My sister is my only MOH and we picked out a pretty long dress in one of my colors.  It's not bedazzeled or anything but it's a really nice dress and I think she will feel special in it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards