Missouri-St Louis

Where to hand cancel invitations

Does anyone know a post office that will hand cancel invitations in St. Louis (even for a cost)?  Everytime I ask they look at me like I am speaking a foreign language, maybe the postal service does not do this anymore?

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Where to hand cancel invitations

• edited December 2011
    The Des Peres post office did mine. 
    White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot
  • jlk0219jlk0219 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know of a post office location in particular, but I can tell you that it seems if you choose a less busy post office at a non-busy time (NOT during lunch hour or right after work) they will be more willing to hand-cancel them for you.  I think it also depends on how crabby the clerk is.  But if they're just sitting around doing nothing they will be more likely to do it. 
  • edited December 2011
    I just mailed my invitations. I just took them to a window in the main post office downtown St. Louis.  The clerk will take your invites along with your name and telephone number just in case there is an issue.

Make sure you have accurate postage.  The did it for free. And the clerks at the window know exactly what to do. You drop them off and its done.

I mailed mine Friday, and my guests got them Saturday and Monday.  I have gotten numerous calls on how nice they look.  People have been saying that they look hand delivered.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards