Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Liquor Stores?

Hi everyone!

I thought I read something a long time ago that there was a discount liquor store around here maybe in Washington. But I cant find anything about. Could someone tell where it is or if there is another place like this around here?

Thank you very much!
http://www.weddingwire.com/kevinnicki Wedding Countdown Ticker image 108 Invited! image 85 Are ready to party!
image 18 Will be missing out image 05 Are MIA

Re: Liquor Stores?

• Options
    CLW102409CLW102409 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are no discount liquor stores in Pennsylvania.  Now there is a larger liquor store in Washington which is probably what you are thinking of.  If you are looking to save money on liquor the only discount is in the sales tax which is only a few cents from Allegheny County (7%) to Washington County (6%).
    image Ivory
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    there is an "outlet" liquor store in washington, it is behind home depot on oak spring road. my mom works for the plcb and technically that particular store isn't really like what you'd think an outlet is for normal retail, but i believe they have bigger sized items and closeouts.

fwiw - i went to w&j, and our campus was 5 minutes away and everyone swore that the liquor was cheaper at that store... but i have no idea if anyone actually comparison shopped! haha

let us know what you find!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    nicki426nicki426 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thank you ladies! Maybe I saw outlet and just thought discount store. IDK sometimes things don't stick until your trying to figure that issue out lol.

msange727 - I'm not much of a drinker and of course we picked out a venue that if you want liquor you have to bring it in yourself! Its turned into such a headache trying to figure out how much, what kind, and where from for 100 ppl. I just don't want to be the wedding that ran out of stuff b/c I don't drink.

I will post back after I get to that store and price check!

http://www.weddingwire.com/kevinnicki Wedding Countdown Ticker image 108 Invited! image 85 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out image 05 Are MIA
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was able to BYOB for my wedding.  It was a headache to say the least.  My advice is to buy your normal stuff, rum, vodka, JD, peach schnapps, tanguray, capitan morgan, southern comfort, wine (Lots of WHITE WINE - we ran out thinking that most people would drink the red) and beer (we had yuengling, coors light, miller light and labatt's - for our Buffalo guests). Our caterer told us just to do one light beer and a regular beer would suffice but we wanted a variety and tried to tend to our guests liked.  We also did sweet and dry vermooth for martini's.  We had a TON of liquor left over but we were able to return it.  So keep your receipt.  The outlet liquor store in Wash. was were we bought most of our stuff.  They have more variety for wine and larger bottles of liquor.  Don't stress!  We spent about 3k on alcohol and beer and took about 1k back to the liquor store. 
    image Ivory
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    also, if you stop by the liquor store and ask a clerk to give you a copy of their sales sheet for the month (you may be able to get it online too at the liquor store website).  We saved a TON by only buying stuff on sale!
    image Ivory
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ditto clw - my mom has been stocking up on our reception liquor by buying what has been on sale periodically (same deal, we have to bring our own in to venue), so definitely ask for sales/rebates. and save your receipts! its a pain in the ass, but if you see something on sale after you bought it you can take it back for the difference, and of course, you can return whatever you don't use - with the receipt.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ohhhh and the store (or any liquor store) will be able to help you buy the right amount per guest - they have supersecret charts lol (that you may be able to find online as well)

good luck! :]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LaFemmeRousse - thanks for posting those links!! The places we're looking at are BYOB too so those resources will be really helpful.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards