California-Los Angeles

QOTD (PIP)

1. PIP your e-ring.

2. Is there anything you would change about it?
Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: QOTD (PIP)

• jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

At first I wasn't in love with my ring.  It wasn't anything I was expecting (not the size but the style).  Then a couple of months after he proposed I was having a couple glasses of wine Kiss and had a little "you're so pretty" time with my ring.  Now I can't imagine having a different ring on my finger.  DH did a great job.
  • edited December 2011
    I love your ring!  It is so pretty.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011

My (obviously) the one sitting in the pink tea cup!Tongue out

From day #1 I loved it!  I always threw hints to DH of how I wanted an e-ring. hehe I know I'm bad...lol

I recall seeing  some lady with an asher cut ring and diamonds around it and around the band...I KNEW I WANTED A RING LIKE THAT!!!Kiss I LOVED IT!!! I told him he picked perfectly his response was like "well you always pointed it out " lol

He claims if I would of NEVER said anything he would of gotten me  a solitaire or a heart shaped diamond.

Jagore-your ring is soooooo purty! 
  • nikojammnikojamm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

1st of all... I can't believe I got a pic in a post!  I haven't been able to do that!

Anyway, nope wouldn't change a thing, but then again, we looked at designs and he got a good idea of what I wanted.  Then he designed it himself and had it made.  So I have a one-of-a-kind ring made especially for me and I loooooove it!!!
  • Mellie35Mellie35 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

DH proposed to me with a ring that belonged to his great-grandmother and was over 100 years old. At that time, he also told me that we had his family's blessing to redesign the ring. So, together, we came up with this. We used all 13 stones from the original ring and added a few more.

I love the history behind it and was so happy to redesign my ring with DH. So, no I would not change a thing.

• edited December 2011
    Gorgeous ring Mellie and the history of makes it even better!!!
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful rings, ladies!

Mellie, that's an awesome story.  Do you plan on passing that ring down to your children or grandchildren?  I love when people have stories like that.

• Mellie35Mellie35 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Jagore - That is the plan to pass it down. :) I remember when I first got it, I emailed my future MIL to show her and that was the first thing she said. "I hope in 50 or 60 years it will be passed down to another generation."

edited December 2011
    That's awesome.  I plan to do the same starting with my ring.
  • edited December 2011
    I picked mine out myself. It's round in a square setting, and the setting is art deco, so it's at least 80 years old. Sometimes in bad light (flourescents) it looks like a princess cut, but in the sun, it's fabulous!

my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • DodgersBrideDodgersBride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

FI looked at rings picked this one out but didn't buy it until I saw it. I wouldn't change anything about it. I have a feeling though when we start looking at bands I won't find on that looks right with it. I only have picture of it on my finger.

• KfmarriedKfmarried member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I will admit that I picked out the ring.  FI and I had been talking about getting engaged since summer 2009 and I had NO IDEA what kind of ring I would want.  So in January, FI and I went to look at and try on rings.  I fell in love with this one. 

Then he totally threw me off and didn't propose to me until Easter.  I was so happy that he proposed that I hugged him and kissed him before he even had a chance to show me the ring. 

Then I freaked out all over again when I saw that he had remembered THE one. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    Love is friendship on fire!
    2012 Reading Challenge
    Melissa has read 0 books toward her goal of 52 books.
    hide
  • edited December 2011
    He picked it out himself and there isn't one thing I would change about it.

Maya
    (ISSR Shiloh Shepherd)
    wedding websites
  • Vans18Vans18 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love all the rings!

Here's mine. I wouldn't change a thing, I love it the way it is...I always wanted an Emerald Cut diamond and I got it! DH made a the perfect pick! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards