Students

Last few months of school and planning

YAY! hi to all my fellow students!

I am having fun trying to schedule everything: my classes, hmwk, time for family, alone time with the fiance, appointments to check everything out and get contracts, church, pre-marital counseling, work, and trying to find a post-college job...
anyone else out there needing more time for sleep?

Would it be better to hold off until I have a full time job, when I have more time but prices may go up (but I'd also be making more) or should I snatch the low prices and RUN!!!!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Last few months of school and planning

• I am in a similar situation. I am also planning my wedding long distance. It's crazy. But my fiance's mom told us that there is no right time to get married. You will never have all the money or whatever that you want or think you need. You just have to do it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    I can't wait to marry my best friend!
  • I think that no matter what is going on there will be a ton to do, and if you are having fun with the planning process while in school and not getting too stressed, I'd say keep going for it!  The rest of us here are in the same boat so we know how you feel!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_last-months-of-school-planning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:684Discussion:48ad383e-272e-426c-9fd3-b4688aa1f864Post:7a58e066-b5ed-4ee8-b4a5-d785df7b2360">Re: Last few months of school and planning</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think that no matter what is going on there will be a ton to do, and if you are having fun with the planning process while in school and not getting too stressed, I'd say keep going for it!  The rest of us here are in the same boat so we know how you feel!
    Posted by sammichele[/QUOTE]

I second that! Well said.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic White Knot
  • Just remember you have lots of time left before your wedding so you can relax and do it a leisurely pace. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2011 Reading Challenge

Jessica has read 16 books toward her goal of 150 books.
    hide
    "It's fine to have an open mind, just not so open your brains fall out."
  • Thanks everyone, I love the support I get from (most) of my fellow knotties. and my family says the same thing about the never being ready with money.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Go for it! My FI and I are getting married this summer, and will have 2 semesters each left after the wedding--- Actually we go back to school the next day.  When deciding to wait until after graduation or just before senior year, we deicded that at the very least we knew where we would be for that first year if we got married before senior year and would be close to family.

I agree with above posters- There is no perfect time to get married, and thats kind of part of marriage- Life isn't always perfect, but together you always work it out.  Go for what rests in your heart, not what is the most perfect logicall solution (because it doesn't exist!)
    My Wedding Bio Updated 4-2-10
    Married August 14th, 2010
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • HinajHinaj member
    First Comment
    edited February 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_last-months-of-school-planning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:684Discussion:48ad383e-272e-426c-9fd3-b4688aa1f864Post:1bb1bb31-4072-46b1-8290-3d012e74620b">Re: Last few months of school and planning</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am in a similar situation. I am also planning my wedding long distance. It's crazy. But my fiance's mom told us that there is no right time to get married. You will never have all the money or whatever that you want or think you need. You just have to do it!
    Posted by lmrini89[/QUOTE]

I agree with above post....There will always be a reason to post pone the wedding, school, busy life, work, money.  If you are ready to get married, and can afford the wedding, then get married!! 
  • I'm getting married 13 days after I get my masters, so I can definitely understand how you feel, but having a deadline (just like with school :-P) is actually helping me to be more organized. It's still 100% stressful and I feel completely overwhelmed at times, but I know when we are laying on a beach after and I don't have to worry about a damn thing, I'll be glad.
    However, I'm also starting my career July 1, so I have from May 8- July 1 off. I just need to get to May 8 :-P. 
    There really never is going to be a perfect time, but I personally think that once you set a date, it is easier to organize everything and really see how it's going to fall into place. HTH!
  • Oh, hun I am in the same situation as you are!  I'm getting married one week after I graduate from undergrad, so I'm trying to find a job on top of keeping up with school and planning for my wedding!  Just remember that you probably have plenty of people around you willing to help, and now is as good a time as ever to ask!

I also echo the posters above...there will never be a time in your life when your wedding will be the only thing that you'll have to plan, so you'll always be juggling no matter what situation you're in.  The important part is that you're gonna have an amazing day, and that you're going to be spending the rest of your life with the one you love most!!  Remember that when you feel like you're getting lost in all the tasks to be done - take time to be EXCITED for your wedding!  Hang in there and it'll all work out :) 
  • Girl!  I totally hear you!  I am working on my masters right now (full time) and full time job AND dealing with the sudden loss of my brother.  Things are stressful!  I liked whatevery one had to say about there never being a right time.  Thanks for the inspiration girls!!!
  • Ditto to everything everyone said. We got engaged Jan 09 and decided to wait until 2010 so we weren't rushed and so we could save and then 2010 came and we were like maybe we should wait until 2011 so we don't have to rush and so we can save and then I'd be done with school blah blah blah. I decided to just jump in and go for it. We said summer 2010 and summer 2010 it will be. Aug 1st to be exact. And like the above post we're not going to let it get bigger than the rest of our lives :)

I do however find myself looking at dresses when I'm suppose to be studying LOL
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I took some time off in between schools and in the meantime found my wonderful FI!  Now we will both be finishing school in the next year, but have found that it's not as important to us in terms of time (graduating and finding our jobs, hopefully moving to experience another city!) to wait until we're done.  To us, it was more important to be married than to wait until we had a house, permanent jobs, and all of the money we would like to budget.  This is just our experience though :)  I could appreciate your decision to wait and give it your full attention, but I found myself looking at dresses and picking flowers anyways, so we moved our date up!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards