Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Bridal Alternatives

I know that its still early, but I was wondering if you gals knew where the best places are to go for Bridal alternatives?

I do not want the big fancy dress and I dont want to spend too much money, I'd ideally like to keep it under $500 if I could.

I know that I can look into Bridesmaid dresses, but some of these just dont seem right.

I've been looking at the dress section of the knot and I find myself drawn to specific items off different dresses and was wondering if anyone had a dress made for them and what your experince was with that?

Thanks Ladies for your input!

Re: Bridal Alternatives

• edited December 2011
    I know Flutter in Minneapolis carries Bridal Alternatives. Also check out Che Bella on Grand
  • tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That was my budget too. I spent a day at the Albertville Outlet Mall and Shops at Arbor Lakes trying on every white dress that I could find at pretty much every store that sold dresses. If I were having a more casual summer wedding there were a ton of awesome short options (I shopped last June) but I wanted something longer. Maybe doing that could work for you; or just going to the mall and checking out Macy's and Nordstrom's dress sections.

I ended up getting my dress at David's Bridal. You may or may not get the greatest service, but they do have a lot of less expensive options. I ended up getting my shoes and dress there for about $300.

The custom route might be nice, and though I've never had anything made just for me, I have a hard time believing that you could get something for $500. Maybe someone with experience could speak to that better than I can.
  • edited December 2011
    I would check out Etsy.com
    They have lots of custom made options and many are SUPER affordable!
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • jmkaiserjmkaiser member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nordstrom Rack in Maple Grove has some really pretty ones the last time I was there. Take a look.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards