Ohio-Cleveland
Options

rain-site for pictures

We're planning on taking pictures at the park in Little Italy, but I don't know what to do if it rains. The wedding is in early October in downtown, so I don't want to stray too far (we only have about an hour and a half). I feel a little weird using the Arcade as back-up, considering I'd have to pay. 

Any ideas on a free rain site? 

We may just scrap the park idea if it comes down to it. 

Re: rain-site for pictures

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh I love Little Italy, I'm getting married at Holy Rosary next Spring.  Anyway.... if it rains.....Hmmmm lets think......botanical gardens (for indoor and outdoor photos), rock and roll hall of fame, The Glidden House (1910 mansion near Case Western), Cleveland Museum of Art, or maybe the Natural History Museum.  Just ideas.
    -Stephanie
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just got married at Holy Rosary on 7/10/10 and just posted my vendor reviews. However, I forgot to add my rain location!  I chose the Halle Building downtown on 12th/Euclid because my reception site was on 8th/Euclid and also because it was only 50 bucks. The inside was not as gorgeous as Severance Hall or the Arcade, but I just wanted a back up - all of our main locations were outside. We went to Case's campus, art museum, wade oval, and the war memorial downtown. I was really fortunate to have a sunny day!

When we went, the security guard at the building tried to tell us that we didnt have a reservation. She seemed to be on a power trip and it all worked out in the end. However, just make sure you tell the guy to let the security people know.

If you want to do the Lakefront downtown, make sure there isn't anything special going on that day. We didn't end up going because of some festival.

hope this helps!
  • Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Halle building downtown is only $50 to rent for pics. The lobby has tons of gorgeous black and pinkish marble, and a fountain, too. For a downtown location, it's not expensive at all. Would totally be worth it as a backup, IMO.

IIRC, terminal tower (the Avenue) is free and I don't think you need a reservation.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the great ideas! I think the Halle building would be good (and it's close!).
    I may try the History museum too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    YAY have soooo much fun!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards