July 2012 Weddings
Options

Flowers and colors...

Hey im planning my wedding on my own and i need some help with flower ideas? Its going to be hot in july and i dnt wnt my flowers to wilt so i need flower ideas. Are fake flowers to cheesy?

Re: Flowers and colors...

• Options
    I personally am not a fan of fake flowers.  Is your entire wedding going to be outdoors??

When you and the WP get to the venue make sure you have vases with about an inch or 2 of water to help keep the flowers hydrated.  The vases/flowers can help decorate the cake table or the head table like this:

• Options
    edited November 2010
    If you buy a flower book it should tell you which flowers last longer without water. You can use those for your WP flowers. Then for flowers that need water use them for your table center pieces. I think the Knott has a book for flowers. As long as they have a good source of water they should be fine if you pick in season flowers which will be cheaper anyways. If you are going to use a florist they will help you. If not maybe have a florist consultation and find out some good ideas. Also, if you are DIY think simple. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh! and definitely talk to your florist!

Also, I forgot about this website for real touch flowers.  They're fake but they look so real:

http://www.angelsaccents.com/

• Options
    I am using gerber daisies they are a nice hearty flower and they come in really bright colors :)  I want my BM dresses to be hot pink!
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'm using mostly real and a few fake.  I want real flowers but not all of them will last.  So everything but hydrenias will be real.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards