Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

B&M Monday

B&M changing my name. This sucks!
Going to the DMV and SS office tomorrow (hopefully).

Re: B&M Monday

• Options
    Good luck at the DMV.  I went to the SS office near Walnut Hill on 75 and it didn't take all that long, but I think Amy had the exact opposite luck at the same place.
    Anniversary

• Options
    I'll for sure be going to that one, since I work at 75 and 635, and live at Audelia and 635. I could technically try to catch that one on a long lunch break if the DMV takes too long tomorrow. At least I will have my Kindle to keep me company.
  • Options
    My B&M is that it's Monday. Ugh.

Second B&M: FI and I are both (separately) going to Vegas this weekend for our bach & bachelorette parties (yay!). One of his GM called him last night and said that his wife moved back in and that in the interest of respecting her feelings he doesn't think he should go anymore. It's a long story but she wasn't invited to my party and apparently threw a fit (even though we didn't invite her mostly just because we knew she couldn't attend due to her work schedule). They ended up separating recently so it turned out to be a good thing that we had never invited her. Now I'm really afraid that he's going to back out of the wedding because she's going to tell him he can't be friends with us anymore. It's seriously ridiculous.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    My B&M is that I'm going on week 3 of stuffy noses and a crazy cough.  Nothing seems to help in getting rid of this!  

Carrie, your full length highlight was AWESOME!  I just saw that on their FB page this weekend.  YAY!  Also, my DH just went to get his license renewed this morning at the Lewisville location.  He left really early and was there by 7:15, with only 20 people in front of him.  They opened at 8:00, and he was done by 8:30!
  • Options
    I B&M that FI's car battery decided to give out completely this morning. At least we got it to start last night so we could get home from our e-pics reshoot.

Ej - If the GM does stay home from Vegas, hopefully that will calm his wife down where she doesn't force him to choose her or being in the wedding.
  • Options
    I am so upset at my father right now. I have been planning my grandparents' 50th wedding anniversary surprise party for about two months now and my Dad drunkenly spilled the beans this weekend. Now, my grandparents are adamant about not having anything due to my grandfather's cancer (mainly the chemo) and his stroke. My dad is such a child, I really just can't get over it. It's not like he was contributing anything anyways so why the h-e-l-l he had to bring up anything is beyond me. 
    /rant.

Erica- I can't believe that some women are that stubborn and selfish. I hope GM ends up still standing up there for y'all's day. On the positive- enjoy your bachelorette party- Vegas will be so much fun! 

• Options
    I B&M my abilities as a wedding planner so far. DId anyone else just feel really frustrated with the process early on? Did it get better? I've got my fingers crossed that it'll become more fun once we've actually nailed down a venue, but right now I just feel like a total Eeyore.

Best wishes for Monday, everyone! May your DMV lines be short, friend dramas work out, sinuses be clear, and car batteries stay charged!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-135?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:3770d355-607c-4e34-aab7-44dea6d6e48aPost:6aa3746e-4886-47a1-b4c3-54de873732d4">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am so upset at my father right now. I have been planning my grandparents' 50th wedding anniversary surprise party for about two months now and my Dad drunkenly spilled the beans this weekend. Now, my grandparents are adamant about not having anything due to my grandfather's cancer (mainly the chemo) and his stroke. My dad is such a child, I really just can't get over it. It's not like he was contributing anything anyways so why the h-e-l-l he had to bring up anything is beyond me.  /rant.
    Posted by aeliza06[/QUOTE]

Amanda, that's so awful. I'm sorry. :(
    Do you think you will still go through with it if your grandparents don't want to?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-135?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:3770d355-607c-4e34-aab7-44dea6d6e48aPost:d5a991c2-e47a-44fd-bd5e-7c6b0d6ed0b3">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I B&M my abilities as a wedding planner so far. DId anyone else just feel really frustrated with the process early on? Did it get better? I've got my fingers crossed that it'll become more fun once we've actually nailed down a venue, but right now I just feel like a total Eeyore. Best wishes for Monday, everyone! May your DMV lines be short, friend dramas work out, sinuses be clear, and car batteries stay charged!
    Posted by Stitch10[/QUOTE]

How far out are you from the wedding?
  • Options
    I am not sure. I had been planning to see about my grandfather's stability anyways, but now I am just doubting the whole thing- which sucks because it isn't like we can send them on some cool trip or anything. We had a great surprise for them- we had been collecting favorite memories of them from people from their past (friends of theirs from Germany, women my from my grandmother's nursing school, etc.) and DH was editing it into a video. We recorded a few skype sessions and have been putting things together. The party itself wasn't anything big, just kind of a get together at their church after Saturday Mass. My dad said something about all the pictures and a alluded to me getting in contact with their friends from Germany- so not sure how much they caught on. I suppose if worse comes to worse I will just give them the project- I know they will LOVE it... but I was really hoping to give something back to them in a night they could remember and cherish. 
  • Options
    <div>We still have awhile, especially since we're pretty flexible on the date. We're not looking at anything before October 2013, but it's been starting to stress me out as I've started seeing venues booking that far out. I think it's been more about external voices (eg, "Have you thought about the researsal dinner yet? You HAVE to think about the rehearsal dinner!", "When are we going dress shopping?!", and the constant stream of calls/emails from vendors who have managed to get my contact info). One thing at a time, people!</div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-135?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:3770d355-607c-4e34-aab7-44dea6d6e48aPost:68eccfed-8822-4c67-bfc3-d02d4584d6c8">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: B&M Monday : How far out are you from the wedding?
    Posted by shishigami26[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    <div>Your project sounds like a lovely idea! Is it possible they're opposed to the idea of a get-together because they think it will be something much bigger (do they think you're actually bringing in friends from Germany or something)? If they're still worried about it, could you do a smaller, more low-key family party at home? </div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-135?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:3770d355-607c-4e34-aab7-44dea6d6e48aPost:8c7ecab4-af3b-4fe8-af1a-d6c319effa3b">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am not sure. I had been planning to see about my grandfather's stability anyways, but now I am just doubting the whole thing- which sucks because it isn't like we can send them on some cool trip or anything. We had a great surprise for them- we had been collecting favorite memories of them from people from their past (friends of theirs from Germany, women my from my grandmother's nursing school, etc.) and DH was editing it into a video. We recorded a few skype sessions and have been putting things together. The party itself wasn't anything big, just kind of a get together at their church after Saturday Mass. My dad said something about all the pictures and a alluded to me getting in contact with their friends from Germany- so not sure how much they caught on. I suppose if worse comes to worse I will just give them the project- I know they will LOVE it... but I was really hoping to give something back to them in a night they could remember and cherish. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-135?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:3770d355-607c-4e34-aab7-44dea6d6e48aPost:27dab7d6-f1dc-4902-bd23-f617a91eac00">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'll for sure be going to that one, since I work at 75 and 635, and live at Audelia and 635. I could technically try to catch that one on a long lunch break if the DMV takes too long tomorrow. At least I will have my Kindle to keep me company.
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I didn't realize you live off Audelia/635.  Now I understand what you were saying about the area you are in.  You are brave!  Do they deliver pizza to your house?  I know they at least stopped for awhile after an incident a few months ago near that area.</div><div>
    </div><div>Yes, I went to the SSO off 75 in Dallas and the first time I got there around 2pm and waited over 2 hours.  The second time I went at 9:00AM when they opened and waited 45 minutes.</div><div>
    </div><div>DMV -- went to Plano off Parker Road and the wait was 3.5-4 hours.  McKinney was about 3 hours.  I went to Rockwall around lunch time and they were about 1-1.5 hours.  The thing to note about Rockwall is that they don't have any chairs -- standing only.

</div>
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-135?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:3770d355-607c-4e34-aab7-44dea6d6e48aPost:f158e5a9-e0a8-48e2-a4b3-d32a85731190">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: B&M Monday : I didn't realize you live off Audelia/635.  Now I understand what you were saying about the area you are in.  <strong>You are brave!</strong>  Do they deliver pizza to your house?  I know they at least stopped for awhile after an incident a few months ago near that area. Yes, I went to the SSO off 75 in Dallas and the first time I got there around 2pm and waited over 2 hours.  The second time I went at 9:00AM when they opened and waited 45 minutes. DMV -- went to Plano off Parker Road and the wait was 3.5-4 hours.  McKinney was about 3 hours.  I went to Rockwall around lunch time and they were about 1-1.5 hours.  The thing to note about Rockwall is that they don't have any chairs -- standing only.
    Posted by angelsong21[/QUOTE]

Amy I am working on my street cred! Not sure about pizza, but since moving in I've been on the spotcrime.com mailing list, and our little pocket seems relatively safe. We have an alarm, and a dog, and Beware of Dog signs outside so I don't really know what else we can do. Except enjoy our first year of marriage! :)

And I have to start working OT hours this week, so I'll be testing the places closest to me first.
  • Options
    Oh and Amanda, I don't really know what Honey Boo Boo is (we don't have cable) but every time I hear people talk about it, it sounds atrocious. Stupid cable shows.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gearing up for the series finale of Teen Mom on mtv.com

(What? A girl's gotta have at least one bad tv show)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-135?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:3770d355-607c-4e34-aab7-44dea6d6e48aPost:e3dc5b98-4d5e-4876-aa85-e9b9df6bbffe">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]We still have awhile, especially since we're pretty flexible on the date. We're not looking at anything before October 2013, but it's been starting to stress me out as I've started seeing venues booking that far out. I think it's been more about external voices (eg, "Have you thought about the researsal dinner yet? You HAVE to think about the rehearsal dinner!", "When are we going dress shopping?!", and the constant stream of calls/emails from vendors who have managed to get my contact info). One thing at a time, people! In Response to Re: B&M Monday :
    Posted by Stitch10[/QUOTE]

You definitely still have plenty of time to get everything in order then. There are venues which book a year or more in advance, but plenty of others which should still have open dates 6 months in advance, maybe less. To start with, check out the vendor thread stickied at the top of this forum. Get an idea of what type of venues you need (all in one, or separate ceremony and recception location). Then you can shoot emails over or call to see if the date(s) you are looking for is/are still available. I wouldn't stress too much about getting everything figured out right away.

Amanda - That really sucks that your dad spilled the beans =/. But from what you've described, I bet your grandparents will love what you have planned for them. Depending on how much your dad said, they might be assuming you are going to throw them a crazy party wherein their friends are flying in.
  • Options
    Thanks, guys. I really hope so. I sent him a semi-harsh text last night because he told me "the important thing is that you all realize that my wife has to be #1 to me, and her feelings have to be the first thing that I consider from now on." I told him that while I understand, and agree that she should definitely be #1, I don't think that her "feelings" should take superiority over his when they're completely unjustified and exaggerated. I dunno...their relationship sounds like it has gone to a way unhealthy place, so, while I hope that they can work it out, I also hope that he can stand ground on his commitment to us. I also sent him a text letting him know that of course she would be welcome at the wedding if he decided to bring her but I haven't gotten a response from anything soo...it isn't looking good.

Amanda, sorry to hear that about your grandparents' party. :( Parents can be such a bummer sometimes!

Carrie, I have to admit...I gave up Teen Mom for a long time because I decided that it was an unhealthy addiction but with the lack of summer tv, and with the Olympics being over, I've actually gotten back into it. I haven't caught up on all of the tons of episodes that I have DVR'd though so I'll have plenty to keep me occupied for several weeks, sadly. : /

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-135?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:3770d355-607c-4e34-aab7-44dea6d6e48aPost:6aa3746e-4886-47a1-b4c3-54de873732d4">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE] Erica- I can't believe that some women are that stubborn and selfish. I hope GM ends up still standing up there for y'all's day. On the positive- enjoy your bachelorette party- Vegas will be so much fun! 

Ej - If the GM does stay home from Vegas, hopefully that will calm his wife down where she doesn't force him to choose her or being in the wedding.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Carrie: 
    In a Nutshell: 

And she has her own show. With her mom. And people watch it. Welcome to America, y'all. Embarassed

• Options
    My BM is this whole stinking day. I'm already behind and it's only Monday. I swear this store is haunted. The printer has been randomly printing things with weird characters and not words half the day. I swear I keep seeing someone out of the corner of my eye when no ones in the store. Ok maybe I should get my head examined!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-135?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:3770d355-607c-4e34-aab7-44dea6d6e48aPost:db0e816f-4776-453d-a9ad-a852047c50ba">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE] Carrie, I have to admit...I gave up Teen Mom for a long time because I decided that it was an unhealthy addiction but with the lack of summer tv, and with the Olympics being over, I've actually gotten back into it. I haven't caught up on all of the tons of episodes that I have DVR'd though so I'll have plenty to keep me occupied for several weeks, sadly.
    Posted by ejheart[/QUOTE]

I truly have become disenchanted with the first round of girls because they clearly have lots of money right now, and NONE of them have jobs. They literally just sit around and talk about their baby daddies.
    The second round of Teen Mom is turning into the same parade of WT girls who don't know how to manage their windfall of money.
    16 and pregnant truly is the best of them all, because the girls don't know how to fake it in front of the camera, their money woes are REAL (they don't get paid until their season actually airs), and it's just a small snapshot of their lives.
  • Options
    My B&M is that these kids seem to be WAY behind my last students.  I am le'worried.

Oh, and I scratched a pimple on my chin and I'm bleeding everywhere.  =(
    Anniversary

• Options
    I B&M a certain guest, who'd been invited with her husband.
    First she emails my mom asking if she could bring the kids. The kids = her daughter in her late 30s, and her daughter's husband, 40s. My mom emails her back saying no, that like that daughter's wedding last summer for which I wasn't invited, the invitation is for the couple only.
    Last night she RSVPs saying she bringing her daughter+d's husband. Are you F-ing kidding me? This is a well educated woman. It's not like she's too dumb to understand plain English.  I don't know if she thinks she can bully us into it, or that she's pulling a fast one, or she just plain feels entitled, but WTF. It's just RUDE! The nerve!!!
  • Options
    courtski2004courtski2004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-135?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:3770d355-607c-4e34-aab7-44dea6d6e48aPost:ede8945b-ceed-4c41-8c98-3b90e39869da">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I B&M a certain guest, who'd been invited with her husband. First she emails my mom asking if she could bring the kids. The kids = her daughter in her late 30s, and her daughter's husband, 40s. My mom emails her back saying no, <strong>that like that daughter's wedding last summer for which I wasn't invited, the invitation is for the couple only</strong>. Last night she RSVPs saying she bringing her daughter+d's husband. Are you F-ing kidding me? This is a well educated woman. It's not like she's too dumb to understand plain English.  I don't know if she thinks she can bully us into it, or that she's pulling a fast one, or she just plain feels entitled, but WTF. It's just RUDE! The nerve!!!
    Posted by niquemel[/QUOTE]

I think this justification is just as rude as the lady RSVP-ing with additional guests, IMO. There is no reason to point out that your reasoning is based on a tit-for-tat mentality (whether true or not).
     Whoever contacts her should just say 'Unfortunately Jane, we will not be able to accomodate your daughter Millie and son-in-law Craig. We can't wait to see you and Mr. Doe!'
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-135?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:3770d355-607c-4e34-aab7-44dea6d6e48aPost:6957c7f4-fe9f-4965-a1b7-81062310ccaa">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: B&M Monday :<strong> I think this justification is just as rude as the lady RSVP-ing with additional guests, IMO</strong>. There is no reason to point out that your reasoning is based on a tit-for-tat mentality (whether true or not).  Whoever contacts her should just say 'Unfortunately Jane, we will not be able to accomodate your daughter Millie and son-in-law Craig. We can't wait to see you and Mr. Doe!'
    Posted by courtski2004[/QUOTE]

The daughter wasn't invited because we aren't friends. My mom wasn't thrilled about my not being invited to her wedding because I had helped with something wedding-related, saving the bride a significant amount of money. And it was pretty time consuming.  I was just doing an acquaintance a favor, didn't expect an invitation in return, would not have attended anyway because we just aren't friends.
    My mom was the one to point it out in her first reponse to such request. It was her reasoning, not mine. Had the daughter been invited, it would have been as my mother's guest, not mine, because we just aren't friends. So sorry that my mother's reasoning put you in a position where you were just <em>forced</em> to be judgmental. 
    No worries, she has been contacted for a second time, informing her that the invitation was just for Mr & Mrs. Doe.    
  • Options
    Calm your shorts. I was pointing out, based on the information provided, that it came off as rude. Even with the backstory, it still is. I made an observation, I didn't judge you or your mother. It sounded like a 2nd grade birthday party with the whole 'you didn't invite my daughter, I'm not inviting yours' and somebody is mad because they're missing out on the bouncy house and pony rides.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-135?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:3770d355-607c-4e34-aab7-44dea6d6e48aPost:ef45cd2d-446c-43df-9f79-bce389887d0f">Re:Bamp;M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Calm your shorts. I was pointing out, based on the information provided, that it came off as rude. Even with the backstory, it still is. I made an observation, I didn't judge you or your mother. It sounded like a 2nd grade birthday party with the whole 'you didn't invite my daughter, I'm not inviting yours' and <em><strong>somebody is mad because they're missing out on the bouncy house and pony rides.</strong></em>
    Posted by courtski2004[/QUOTE]

TEEEEHHEEEEEE
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards