New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Flower$$ Help

Hi ladies-
So I am really curious about what the price of flowers are (i know they vary by what type, season, how many, etc). I really have NO CLUE of what centerpieces and bouquets cost...just looking for ballpark amount.

Besides bouquets, all that I really want are very small centerpieces (square, clear vase).  Can you guys share what you have paid for flowers? 

Thanks!

Re: Flower$$ Help

• Options
    edited December 2011
    well like you said, it's going to really depend on the type of flower you choose, the amount of flowers, the type of container you want, etc. i've seen centerpieces go for $50 each or $400 each, and bouquets for $75 or $500. there really is no way to estimate. 

your best bet is to get an idea of flowers you like and set a budget for flowers, then go talk to florists and see what you can get for the money you have allocated. they will be able to give you suggestions to get the most for your money with different flowers if you give them an idea of what you like. 

• Options
    ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we did square vases and small centerpieces (relative to ones i've seen)....i ended up buying the vases myself at michaels...kept using coupons so got then all for like $6-$8 vs. $14.  They were the 6 inch I think...I think our centerpieces were $50...they were totally worth it.  The florist did an amazing job...and added stuff i would not have thought about!

Our flowers were 15 centerpieces, 5 bouquets, 3 corsages and 8 boutineirs (totally spelled wrong), rose petals for 2 FG baskets and two baskets for the ceremony (big ones).  we were about 1800 if i remember correctly
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    sdomi639sdomi639 member
    edited December 2011
    Do you have pictures from your wedding of the flowers and who was your florist?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I paid $40 each for my centerpieces.  I originally didn't want to spend more than $25 but when I sat with my florist and we looked through her books, I found the ones I loved and they were $40.

We spent under $1500 I think on everything.  There are pics in my bio, which if you click on my name and then go to 'old bio', it should all be there.

• Options
    probablykateprobablykate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with psichick that it depends so much on the flowers you choose and you should talk to a florist to get an idea for the flowers that you like.

That said, what we are looking at doing will cost $1,500 and includes 13 centerpieces, 4 bouquets, 5 boutonnieres, 1 corsage, and a few small decorations for the ceremony.  Originally the quote was a little higher but the florist was able to reduce it by removing one type of flower that was more expensive and replacing it with a less expensive one.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ssagessage member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_flower-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:0c6fe55a-9230-4ab9-a1a7-acca75d3ee98Post:cc42f27b-0234-4c45-8d61-04766fb8508c">Re: Flower$$ Help</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you have pictures from your wedding of the flowers and who was your florist?
    Posted by sdomi639[/QUOTE]

I do but i have no clue how to post them here.  We used The Annex Florist in Pawling NY.  They are local to us and we know the owners so we knew that they would take care of us...and by that i don't mean so much monetarily as they would do an awesome job.

If someone can tell me how to post a pic, i will find them.  They are on my home computer
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am only spending a total of $500 on flowers. That is inclusive of 10 centerpieces, 7 boquets, and about 13 boutiners (sp?). We are using a florist local to us, Apple Valley Florist in Lagrange, NY. They are a family owned florist, I met with the owner and he was SO nice! I was beyond elated when I walked out of there for that amount! He is one who still believes in the tradition of a wedding and not charging a kidney per flower. =)

The centerpieces I wanted are pretty much what you are doing. We are doing small square vases with a small boquet of white hydrangeas. I am not a fan of those tall elaborate pieces that block you view.

Kristin
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We ended up spending about $1600 total on flowers.

$1200 was for florist for bouquets and bouts and corsages. Mine, 3 BMs, FG petals, mom, MIL, and grandma corsage. All were roses. Also FI double rose bout and 8 single rose bouts for GM's, dads and my grandpa. We also had two alter arrangements of carnations by the same company.

And we spent less than $400 total on centerpieces. 15 vases, scrapbook paper and a dozen roses and greenery and filler.  Michaels and Stop and shop worked wonders!

It all depends on the flowers you select, how many you need and what company you go with.

GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    THanks so much ladies!!
  • Options
    probablykateprobablykate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_flower-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:0c6fe55a-9230-4ab9-a1a7-acca75d3ee98Post:51818fb8-ba9f-4572-b6a6-47fef97b87bc">Re: Flower$$ Help</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flower$$ Help : I do but i have no clue how to post them here.  We used The Annex Florist in Pawling NY.  They are local to us and we know the owners so we knew that they would take care of us...and by that i don't mean so much monetarily as they would do an awesome job. If someone can tell me how to post a pic, i will find them.  They are on my home computer
    Posted by ssage[/QUOTE]

Click the icon that looks like a tree, next to the spell check button.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ssagessage member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_flower-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:0c6fe55a-9230-4ab9-a1a7-acca75d3ee98Post:a5cc7ff6-221a-4592-9290-b86b71afdbd7">Re: Flower$$ Help</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flower$$ Help : Click the icon that looks like a tree, next to the spell check button.
    Posted by probablykate[/QUOTE]

THANKS
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Awesome thanks! (Cake and bridesmaids bouquets)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards