Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Flying Bridge Brides

Hi Girls!!
We have booked our wedding for this summer at the flying bridge and will be meeting with them soon to go over some of the details.  I know that they charge a 20% adminstrative fee (that goes to the planner there I think) and then they said that they pay their waitstaff an hourly rate.  So my question is, are you still expected to tip the waitstaff 20% too, in addition to the administrative fee?  I have waitressed and want to be sure they are all taken care off but Im not sure what is expected. That would end up being a TON of $.  I wasnt sure if anyone had experience with this or any thoughts....Thanks!
Anniversary

Re: Flying Bridge Brides

• amylee545amylee545 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    That 20% goes to the waitstaff. I think everything they pay their wait staff in addition to that, like the hourly rate, comes out of their pockets. They are very honest there, and they wouldn't bombard you with this huge 40% tip. That would be insane!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Coonamessett (Same owners) and the Administrative fee includes the tip and everything.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I would ask them to make sure. Often time that fee is not seen in tips but rather goes to the payroll in general. If it goes to payroll, I would absolutely tip.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you!!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We didn't have my son & daughter-in-law's wedding there (it was at the Coonamessett) but we did have the rehearsal dinner at the Flying Bridge.  The 20% is called an administrative fee, but in reality, it is basically the gratuity.  We did end up giving an additional tip at the end to cover the bar bill - we had an open bar and it was all rolled into one invoice at the end - but felt it was important to tip the bar.

By the way, they did an absolutely awesome job, you won't be sorry!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards