October 2012 Weddings

Favorite Friday

What on your favorites list this week?
Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Favorite Friday

• WR - Order my wedding gift.  Booked hair/MU.  I just got her contract yesterday and have to sign it and send it back with a deposit.  Got the car rented and hotel for the night before the wedding booked.  We are getting an oceanfront room on a "high floor".  Oh and rumor has it that FMIL book her flights to FL.  (I'll believe it when I see it)

NWR - It's a 3 day weekend and its payday!! 

Both WR & NWR - FI and I have worked out religiously this week, (even on Monday when I think that I hada slight migraine).  I am feeling awesome!!
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • WR: Hrm, it's been a slow week for that. We're making progress in getting the rehearsal dinner figured out? FILs are hosting, but FI and I are doing a lot of the work (invites/coordinating). Also, I lost a pound this week. And I'm still really, really glad to be done with my shower invites, but I already bragged about that.

NWR: Three-day-weekend, including a night to myself at home tomorrow night. Super psyched for that!
    Anniversary
  • I found this gorgeous handmade bolero on Etsy a while back and stalked it for months. I finally took the plunge and bought it. The lady who made it lives in Turkey. She made it and shipped it within 6 days. I was a little nervous about size, etc.

Well, I just picked my bolero up from the post office this morning. It's beautiful and it fits perfectly!!! Favorite moment of the week.   :)

http://www.etsy.com/listing/75480817/bridal-ruffle-bolero-with-beaded-lace?ref=usr_faveitems
    172 Invited. image
    130 Accepted. image
    42 Declined. image
    0 Can't find the mailbox. imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • WR - Almost all of our RSVPs are back (destintion wedding = early responses)

NWR - My best friends wedding is next weekend and I'm so excited its finally here! She's been planning for a full 2 years like I have.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    October 13, 2012
  • catwinecatwine member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2012
    WR- finally made an RSVP spreadsheet in Excel.  i had been putting it off for so long and it feels good to have accomplished it. 
    aaaand we got our engraved rings back!  i played "dress up" and wore it for a little while yesterday. 

NWR-leaving work early today to meet with the mortgage broker. hopefully it's a quick meeting so i can enjoy the long weekend.  i really need the rest!
  • WR- My shower is tomorrow!  I am so excited to see everyone and am already so very grateful to FI's mom and SIL who are hosting, and our friends and family who are coming.  We don't have hundreds of friends, but the ones we have are amazing.

NWR- It's Friday, which means I get to wear jeans to work and leave at 3.  Awesome!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker siggy 6
  • WR: Obviously my dress actually coming in before I go home to Iowa.

NWR: I'm sooooo excited to go home this weekend.  I miss my family and am excited for the activities this weekend.  We have a bridal shower, baby shower and bachelorette party!

• WR: when I talked to my Dad last night and he confessed HE had a wedding nightmare! He said he dreamt he showed up in jeans and a t-shirt and I yelled at him because he wasn't in his tux- which he'd forgotten to order. It just makes me laugh because he's the last person I would expect to under-dress for any ocassion...and the last I'd expect to have a wedding nightmare! Too funny.

NWR: my daughter called me from her dad's and talked to me for over an hour! about how much she missed me and couldn't wait to come home (she's been gone almost 2 weeks). I feel guilty about it, but it still warms my heart to know that she still thinks of me when she's gone over there.
    Ovarian cyst lapro: '01, '04, '09 Conal biopsy: '01- results negative Dilation: '03 for cervical scarring Pcos test: '05, FSH and LH normal Mirena removed July '12 My Ovulation Chart
  • WR - This is a tie. 1) My shower is tomorrow. My FMIL and FSIL are hosting it. I'm super excited to see FI's family who are coming in from out of town.  2) I submitted the online application for our marriage license!!  EEEEEP!  The office will email us when it is ready to be picked up and signed.  That feels pretty major.

NWR - I survived my first full week with students AND made it through picture day.  WooHoo!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • WR - RD invites are out, RSVP's are in with only a couple to track down over the wedding.  This will let me get my list to the calligrapher, figure out table assignments and get a count to our venue.

NWR - Two nights of friends Labor Day gatherings followed by a day at the beach clamming and an extra day just to relax.
    Photobucket
  • WR-getting sparkling wine for toast
    NWR- having a 3 day weekend and giving myself permission to eat what I want
  • WR - Dropping my invitations in the mail.  They are out of my living room!  It's still a war zone on the couch though.  I'll give the cat another day to enjoy sitting on all the nice paper (bad inner envelopes and sample invitations) for one more day before I clean it up.

NWR - Long weekend and celebrating my birthday on Sunday.  I think I might also have an evening to myself, if FI hangs out with people from high school.  Chick flicks and popcorn for me that night!
  • WR: We got our marriage license yesterday!! NWR: Three day weekend for the win! Tonight is game night, Sunday my mom is coming to visit for my dress fitting and a bunch of other WR stuff, and Monday FI and I are finally going to see The Dark Knight Rises. We love superhero movies, but we never have time to go to the theater!
    October 2012 December Siggy - A Favorite Wedding Photo image
  • WR: all replies are in and made a seating chart, our favor cards came in the mail today, confirmed our appt with the venue for the 9th to go over final details, made appt with officiant for Monday to get our wedding liscence and finalize ceremony... decided on a sand cermony with FI, had our first argument (over music ) which he thinks is hilarious now that I am so emotional... glad we got over that... on track and happy about it :D

NWR: Don't work this evening, so FAMILY TIME! lol (I work evenings and weekends usually) so glad to have time off :D
  • My WR and NWR are combined.

I'm super excited that is Friday. This week has dragged! My FMIL is visiting for the 3 day weekend, and we are going to take care of wedding stuff tomorrow (finally going to finish up buying all the stuff for my centerpieces) and then on Monday we are going to Sea World.

October '12
    ~MARRIED 10.11.12~
  • WR: super productive this week, got my hair and makeup appointments booked/ finalized, got water shoes for my HM, picked out my earrings(also my something borrowed) and got more than halfway through my DIY project. NWR: first Saturday off in a month and it is a 3 day weekend. Also payday.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • WR - I have had SUCH a crazy productive week!!  I got my centerpieces all purchased, I printed, stuffed, sealed, stamped, addressed and mailed ALL the invites, finally got my dress alterations sorted out and I  got my wedding shoes!

NWR - I FINALLY started my graduate school application.  I did the basic application, had two people agree to do letters of recommendation, and contacted a third.  Still need to do my 500 word goal statement, submit a writing sample, and have my GRE scores sent (gulp!) but I'm so much more motivated now that the whole process is in the works.  Deadline in Nov. 1st but since the wedding is Oct. 27th, I need to have everything done by the week of the 15th. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards