Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

venue help!

Hi everyone! So my fiance and I are wanting to get married at the Cape next summer. Originally I envisioned renting a huge house right on the water in chatham or truro etc for the week. Has anyone ever done this or knows of a place to go to find people willing to rent their estates for a week for a wedding? We are from MA but live about 2 hours away... any advice/insight would be very much appreciated! THANK YOU! :)

Re: venue help!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I looked briefly at Winslow Estate, I think it's in Brewster. I believe it is on the water and is a big old house with lots of grounds. You'd need a tent for a big reception, if you are having a lot of people
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How many people are you planning on having for your wedding?  I am renting a house in Chatham but they have a 80 person max for weddings.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We will probably have about 120ish, i would love for the list to be cut if we can get a great place! We were looking in Chatham and there are so many beautiful houses there! Did you just email people asking if they allow weddings or do you know a real estate agent or anything along those lines?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There is a real estate company that I am working with, John Ricotta and Associates.  They have quite a few houses that would be gorgeous.  They have a great website with a lot of pictures of all of the houses they rent, www.chathamrentals.com. Some of the houses allow weddings and some don't.  Call them and ask for Nikki or Beverly.  They are wicked helpful and will answer any questions you may have.  They even contacted the owner of the home to answer questions I had that they didn't know the answer to.  If they don't have what you're looking for, just google real estate agents on Cape Cod.   A lot of them have websites with rental houses on them and you can contact them to ask about weddings.  I hope this helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much! Good luck with your wedding!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Another idea is to call a planner.  They have experience working w/ the houses as well as the caterers.  At a minimum, they could probably get you started.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards