Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Date vs Weather help!

Here's my dilema.

We are getting married in our backyard. Small wedding, will def have enough space if the weather should not permit we can move it inside, not a problem. However I would like it to be outside so I'm having trouble deciding on a month/date when it's nice enough to be outside but not rainy or possibly scortching or freezing. March and April are both awesome weather months but they can also be super rainy. October and November are good too but then you risk being really hot or possibly really cold. What do yall think?

My first choice is March but I started thinking what if this winter sucks then everything will be brown and dead for my outside wedding.

Re: Date vs Weather help!

• Options
    Really this is just one of the risks you have to accept when you want an outdoor wedding.

I got married Nov. 5 last year, and it was one of the first weekends I remember being just gorgeous outside (maybe I had wedding-goggles on).  I know Stephie got married the same weekend 2 years ago, and the weather was perfect.  Apparently in 2010 it was horribly cold that weekend.  It's just hit or miss.

I would suggest Fall over Spring and March over April.  
    Anniversary

• Options
    arco13arco13 member
    First Comment
    It's so hard to plan around Texas weather, but I would definitely avoid June-Most of September, as well as late november-early March. I think late march/early April might be your best bet, that or early October. To me, those seem to have been the bet times for weather here. Early October or late September sounds like your best bet-it will have cooled off, but it doesn't rain as much as the spring.

Also, do you know what time of day you want? If you want it to be late/at night, I would go with closer to warm months (I'm doing late May in the evening next year), but if you want a daytime wedding, you'll be ok a little closer to cold months.

Happy planning!
  • Options
    It's a crap shoot, plain and simple.  Like Amanda said, I got married 11/7/09 and the weather couldn't have been more perfect.  On our first anniversary, it was freezing and we said wouldn't it have been terrible if we were getting married this year!

My advice is pick a date that works for you and hope for the best.  And have a Plan B.  A good one. 
  • Options
    Arco raises a good point.  While the weather was beautiful all day the day of our wedding, when we did our exit at 9, it had cooled down considerably and I'm noticing in our pictures that a lot of people were in coats.  For a 2:00-9:00 ceremony, it was great.  It just made me happy we'd gone with an afternoon ceremony instead of evening (options at our church were 2:00 or 7:00).
    Anniversary

• Options
    We're getting married Nov 3rd, and Im PRAYING it's a nice day/night...we both love the cold so we wont care if its freezing, but hopefully not sleeting!!  I agree with everyone tho...no matter when you pick it, the weather will always be unpredictable, so just pray for the best, plan for the worst, and enjoy it no matter what!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We are getting married Oct 19 2013 (we just set a date! woo!) - my fiance was able to look up online the historical weather for October 19 for the past like, 20 years. The average temp (so not most frequent, just the average) was 66 - so literally it could be anywhere from 50 degrees to 80 degrees - not a big surprise for the weirdo texas weather. But he was also able to see that the average rainfall on that date historically is very very low, etc. It would be more helpful if I knew where he found this info, but I bet a little google search could lead you in the right direction. Good luck!
  • Options
    I got married Oct. 1 of last year and the hot weather had just cooled down on our wedding day. Thank goodness!

The second or third week of October might be better.
  • Options
    I feel like a huge nerd but i did this too, i have been in full weather girl detective mode!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_date-vs-weather-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:6b58d032-48f2-4c0d-9092-a84ead425e1ePost:a22b4ddb-6bee-4deb-925b-b2c9ef227836">Re: Date vs Weather help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are getting married Oct 19 2013 (we just set a date! woo!) - my fiance was able to look up online the historical weather for October 19 for the past like, 20 years. The average temp (so not most frequent, just the average) was 66 - so literally it could be anywhere from 50 degrees to 80 degrees - not a big surprise for the weirdo texas weather. But he was also able to see that the average rainfall on that date historically is very very low, etc. It would be more helpful if I knew where he found this info, but I bet a little google search could lead you in the right direction. Good luck!
    Posted by kethompson1[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. you are all right it's just a crap shoot in Texas and ya just never know. since I've been engaged for going on 2 years now...obviously we are in no rush..haha. I've been trying to be mindful of the weather at different times of the year but each year its different, this year there was basically about 4 weekends in March/April that were nice then...HOT from there on out. DANG you TEXAS **shaking fist in the air**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards