Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Officiant?

Does anything know of any reasonably priced officiant's in the central PA area? My Fiance and I do not attend a church, and I never really have... My Fiance was married catholic for his first marriage, so going through his parent's church is a no-no...

any ideas would be helpful :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!

Re: Officiant?

• Options
    You could look into a quaker wedding. Depending on where you live, you can do this and you can "marry" yourself. We are thinking about doing it and having someone do all things that the officiant would do. All you need is two witnesses though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Robb Green is the former mayor of Jefferson (York County) and is known as the Marrying Mayor (he's done almost 3,000 weddings).  His offers a romantic, civil ceremony, which you can tweak to fit your needs.  He does not have a set rate, rather you pay him what you want to. 

We still haven't decided on what we are going to pay him -- I've tried contacting other brides on the knot boards who have used him, but with no luck.

Here is his info, if interested:
    phone: 717-880-4524
    email: marryingmayor@aol.com
    photo KimberlyWedding_zps9ece9155.jpg
  • Options
    that sounds awesome, Kimberly! thank you so much!
  • Options
    Yes, we are using Robb also!!  We are in a similar situation, but I actually found him on FB:):)  What a lovely man!
  • Options
    LOVE Dave DiRaddo of Wedding Dayz.  He is simply amazing and worth every penny!
  • Options
    that's great! i sent him an email but haven't heard back yet, so i'm hoping he's available on our wedding date.
  • Options
    I am using Robb Green as well! He is very nice...and my fiance said we should do $150 b/c it is about half of what everyone else out there charges. Since we are responsible for tweaking the ceremony and we don't have any in person meetings, etc we figured that is fair :) the ceremony is just awesome though, I do not think a personalized ceremony from a $400 officiant would be better. Good luck!
  • Options
    I'm using Robb Green too!

I have no idea how much to give him though. The travel time for him will be approx 60 miles 1 way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards