Just Engaged and Proposals

Christmas Engagement...COMPLETE SURPRISE!

Hey everyone!  I am so excited to finally be ENGAGED!  I can almost not even believe it!  My fiance and I have been dating for almost 5 years...yes FIVE years.  We met in college but we knew of each other in high school.  When we met and started dating, I just knew I could not live without him.  There have been MANY times throughout our relationship that I just knew he was going to propose but it never happened.  I guess around October 2011, my fiance told me that he wanted to join the Army.  I told him without seeming selfish that in order for me to give up my career that I worked so hard for, I would need a sign of commitment.  Well nothing happened, then he started acting different.  He was cleaning, taking me out to see Christmas lights (my favorite), talking about family...etc.  Well it was my Christmas vacation (I'm a Kindergarten teacher) and he wanted to see his family this year all the way in Georgia (we're from NC).  I decided to make him happy and we left for Georgia on Christmas Eve.  On Christmas Day I had a selfish moment on the way back to the hotel and told him that I missed my family and that I was upset and he was very comforting.  While walking up to the hotel, he just randomly sat on the bench outside.  I turned around and I was like "What in the world, Alex?  Its cold out here, lets go in!!!"  Well he still kept sitting, I walked over to him and sat beside him and said, "you look tired, lets go take a nap."  He said, "you act like you know me so well!"  I replied, "UM I HOPE SO!" We both laughed and I got up because I thought we were going in...well as I was walking, he was still sitting, he  told me to come help him up and when I walked back over and stood in front of him, he got on one knee and said, "Emily, will you marry me?" 

I am still in shock and that was Christmas!!!  I love him soooo much!  He is joining the military any day now, going back to MEPS to be sworn in and find out his basic training ship out date.  I could not be a prouder fiance.  I am so lucky :)

I love this message board and I hope to learn many creative ideas for our wedding :)

Re: Christmas Engagement...COMPLETE SURPRISE!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards