Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

needing a wedding site in dfw on a budget!

trying to find a place to get married that's under $1000 in dfw. Reception AND ceremony. Not trying to have the entire wedding under that, just the venue. Having about 50 guest and don't care if it's indoor or outdoor. Any help is appreciated!

Re: needing a wedding site in dfw on a budget!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Winfrey Point
    Click Here for Bio Image and video hosting by TinyPic Married June 12, 2010!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Community centers are usually very inexpensive to rent. Google the Brookside Center in Hurst for an idea. You can't bring in alcohol to a community center, though.

For receptions, restaurants can be a really cost-effective option, but I don't know if many will have a place for the ceremony, so that might be out for you. Although, there might be a public park near the restaurant you choose, and those are also inexpensive to rent from the city.

The Botanical Gardens in Fort Worth and Dallas have beautiful outdoor areas for weddings, and I think it's relatively inexpensive (although I don't know the $$$ exactly).

When I was researching, I believe the Fort Worth Community Arts Center and Times Ten Cellar (at least the FW location) were the least expensive venues in my area. I think FWCAC was a little over 1k to rent and Times Ten a little under. But both could've gone up by now, and my memory could be mistaken. But just places for you to look into. FWCAC's wedding person was very responsive by email.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Filter Building at White Rock Lake might also be nice -- it has a smaller capacity than Winfrey Point so it might be cozier for your guest list.  Both are around $180/hour and cheaper if you are a Dallas resident.

I also once saw a wedding at Haggard Park in Plano, which is really pretty, but there's a DART stop right there, so you'd have to deal with that.
    Anniversary

• Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Colleyville Community Center is beautiful and you can bring in beer and wine.  You might be able to bring in liquor but I don't remember.  Even before the remodel, it was a beautiful place.  Now, it's even better!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second the Colleyville Center...I think it might be $1500, now, though? Still an awesome, awesome deal considering what is included. Don't forget to take the things you will have to rent into account
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also, check out this for pics of it renovated...for some (very stupid) reason, they have not yet updated their website with post-renovation pics.

Also, it's $1800 on a Sat. now, $1600 for other days

http://www.colleyvillecenter2010.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    dulcealmadulcealma member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks ladies for the suggestions! colleyville center is nice but out of budget. I really like winfrey point, I'll be looking into that! 
  • Options
    Jen6862Jen6862 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    http://www.specialmoments.info/home.html

This venue in Lewisville is $2,300 for both, but it comes with quite a bit + cake! My cousin got married at the chapel ($500 alone), which was very cute and quaint, and then had her reception at a restaurant near by. You get to ring the chapel bell when you finish the ceremony.

This venue was also featured on TLC's Four Weddings and the couple used the reception area and brought in BBQ. But, it didn't look like it had a dance floor.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards