Honeymoon Discussions

Currency/Tipping Question

I'm going to an AI in Mexico.  We don't plan on leaving our AI much, so when we bring cash, how much should we convert into pesos?

Also, I'm not sure if people tip at AIs, but if they do, do you tip in pesos or dollars?  How often should you tip at an AI?

Re: Currency/Tipping Question

• I was shocked when we went to Cancun and stayed at an AI and people were tipping.  So, we started to as well.  We tipped in US dollars, just one or two bucks when we left lunch or dinner.  We converted about $50 in pesos I think so we could go off the resort and pay for the bus and ferry, etc.  
  • We've been to Mexico several times and never had to convert dollars to pesos. 

We always tip in dollars. 
  • We tipped in US dollars at our AI in Playa del Carmen. Just a buck or two for drink service on the beach - those servers were working hard and treated us very well!
    Anniversary
  • We tipped in dollars as well. We were told they prefer US Dollars to Pesos. But there were a couple of tourist shops that required us to pay in Pesos instead of dollars. So I think we converted like $50.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards