New York-Western
Options

Whirlin Disc DJs?

Hey all,
We hired Whirlin' Disc DJs and will hopefully be meeting with them soon to determine what & who we want. I'm looking for someone who's middle of the range/on the outgoing side but not annoying. We want someone who can get people dancing since we tend to be shy but not drive us nuts. I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations for specific DJs that they've liked or haven't liked. Thanks!!

Re: Whirlin Disc DJs?

• Options
    degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you in Buffalo or Rochester?

If in Buffalo we had Rob. He was awesome, I was on the floor all night. Plus your style sounds like ours. Good Luck!
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • Options
    AZMagnini14AZMagnini14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have whirlin disc too, so I'm interested to see this!
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm in Rochester.
  • Options
    degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I didn't pick my DJ he was given to us by the owner. Just talk to the owner tell him your style or talk to your venue. My venue only let us use certain DJ's and I think the reason I ended up with Rob is that my venue liked working with him.

To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had whirling disc, but Im in Syracuse. I had asked about a specific dj but they cant promise you that dj. Just a heads up. You can request one and they will see if hes available, but its no guarantee. They also wont be able to tell you who your dj is until like 1-2 weeks before the wedding.

With that being said, I was extremely happy with the company as a whole.

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    CSTK1910CSTK1910 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just had Bob from Whirlin' Disc for my wedding in Rochester last weekend, and he was great! Agreed that you won't really know which DJ is coming (he originally told us Dan, but then Bob showed up...oh well, like I said he was great!), but I think all of them are selected so that they can have whatever personality type you want (you literally pick the personality you want on a scale). Good luck!!
  • Options
    chirosechirose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had mark grimaldi.  he was really good, i thought.
  • Options
    ktv011ktv011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    *CSTK*...sent you a PM, not sure if you saw it.  Am curious to hear more about Bob, we are considering him/Whirlin Disc for our wedding next August.  Would love to hear from you or anyone else who worked with him. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards