Canada-Ontario

Reception Drinks

Hi ladies,
I posted this on the reception board, I thought to post it here and see what my fellow canadian ladies think. 
So I'm not sure if you remember that a while back I said I wanted to incorporate both my FI anf I's culture into the wedding. So we  are trying to create a "signature" drink. I found these two recipes Jager fizz4cl jagermeister, 3cl lemon juice, 2cl sugar syrup, 2cl soda waterApart from the soda water vigorously shake the ingredients in a shaker and pour into a glass. Top off with soda water
Okay so I know the Jager might defintely get people drunk but I figure there are awlays people who drink a lot regardless of whatever kind of alcohol you serve.
I was thinking the other drink would be an avocado daquiri,. Would you drink this if you were a guest at a wedding?I haven't tried this drink yet but I can ask the hall to make it and taste it.Or I can even try it at home and see how it taste.here's the recipe
Avocado DaiquiriIngredients:·         2 Ounces Sliver Rum·         2 Ounces Gold Rum·         1/4 Medium-Ripe Avocado Peeled and Pitted·         1/2 Ounce Half and Half·         1/4 Ounce Fresh Lemon Lime Juice·         2 Ounces Simple Syrup·         1 1/2 Cups Cocktail Ice CubesCombine ingredients in blender and blend on high until just smooth, about 20 seconds. Divide mixture between two cocktail glasses.
Thanks

Re: Reception Drinks

• edited December 2011
    Sounds terrific
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The second one sounds interesting.  I know DH would love it since he loves avocado's, but I would have to try it first.  It will probably be light and refreshing, compared to the Jagar Fizz, but try both and see what you like the best!  I'm going to keep that recipe to try too!  I'll let you know!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_reception-drinks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:613Discussion:9ea38bf7-2fa7-4d21-b1e1-313ea0739981Post:2181290e-70bb-4ad2-91cc-abcf3e171833">Re: Reception Drinks</a>:
    [QUOTE]The second one sounds interesting.  I know DH would love it since he loves avocado's, but I would have to try it first.  It will probably be light and refreshing, compared to the Jagar Fizz, but try both and see what you like the best!  I'm going to keep that recipe to try too!  I'll let you know!
    Posted by Littlin[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I love avocados and this recipe just seems like an alcoholic smoothie. I think it would be a nice summer drink. If you get a chance to try it before me let me know. 

</div>
  • naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds delicious. 

My only worry is it might be expensive because avocados are usually expensive, even in the summer?  It might be a premium over their normal cocktail price.

Re: Jager, I wouldn't worry about it making people drunk.  People will get drunk if they want to, and it's a mixed drink, not a shot.  And it sounds super yummy.
  • unplainjaneunplainjane member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Some Vietnamese restaurants make avocado shakes. My FI tried it and I found it okay. It was a bit bland. They look pretty but I wasn't nuts about the idea. For these kind a blender drinks I much prefer fruit based such as mango or strawberry. I found them generally much more flavorful and approachable.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_reception-drinks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:613Discussion:9ea38bf7-2fa7-4d21-b1e1-313ea0739981Post:e5c71d6c-f560-4804-aa9a-14625ed13f80">Re: Reception Drinks</a>:
    [QUOTE]Some Vietnamese restaurants make avocado shakes. My FI tried it and I found it okay. It was a bit bland. They look pretty but I wasn't nuts about the idea. For these kind a blender drinks I much prefer fruit based such as mango or strawberry. I found them generally much more flavorful and approachable.
    Posted by unplainjane[/QUOTE]

<div>I actually bought the ingredients and I am  going to try it at home and see what it taste like. Generally with Avocado smoothie you do have to put more sugar and a little bit more milk to give that creamy texture. I am not a big fan of having too much alcohol in daquiris. Everyone's taste buds are different, I don't think i can please everyone. :)</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards