Wedding Party
Options

Matron of Honor?

I am only having 2 friends in my wedding party. One is married & one is single. The one that is single has known for a long time that she would be my Maid of Honor. I still need to ask my othe friend to be in my wedding.
Would the one that is married be the Matron of Honor? From weddings I have been to, this is the way it ususally has been. And usually the Matron of Honor is first in weddings that I have been to. I would like to make sure I know how to do this before I ask her to be in my wedding.
TIA :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Matron of Honor?

• Options
    She can be Matron of Honor, or it's also fine to have her as your only bridesmaid. 

Matron and Maid of Honor are exactly the same except they have different marital statuses, so if you have two use an arbitrary method to determine order (height, alphabet, birth date).  People don't tend to say bridesmatron for a married bridesmaid.
  • Options
    ditto shorti:  She can be your matron of honor, a bridesmaid, or an attendant.  You can one of the women stand closest to you and hold your flowers during the ceremony, and the other sign the license if you'd like.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    I also had two bridesmaids. My sister was the Maid of Honor, and my friend was a Bridesmaid.

So you can do it that way, or you can have a Maid of Honor and a Matron of Honor. It's up to you who will be the one to stand next to you in the ceremony ... it's not automatically one or the other.

Another idea is to split up the "duties," if you want them both to do something important ... one can stand next to you in the ceremony and do all that stuff (hold bouquet, hold ring, fluff out your train), and the other can sign the marriage license as an official witness.
  • Options
    The only difference between maid and matron of honor is marital status.

If you were only planning on her being a BM, ask her to be a BM.  I'm married and I'm going to be a BM in a wedding next year.  If you were going to ask her to be a co-MOH, ask her to be one.  But don't think that because she's already married she has to be a Matron of Honor.  Also, as someone already married, may I just say I really dislike the term--makes me sound like an old prison marm.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards