Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

MOTHER & SON DANCE! HELP!

So my fiance & I are having a difficult time picking a song for him and his mom to dance to. They don't have the traditional mother/son relationship... her life choices have let him down A LOT over the years. So we don't want anything insanely corny or that just does not fit their relationship. Looking more for a song from her to him and not the other way around. Ideas?! Thanks!

Re: MOTHER & SON DANCE! HELP!

• in my life by the beatles is a good one.
  • DH picked Here Comes the Sun by the Beatles for his dance with his Mom.   Their relationship is complicated and a sappy song would not fit.   So he picked a pretty song that  has nothing to do with their relationship. 
  • Thanks everyone! I like 'here comes the sun'. We found Lynard Skynard's 'Simple Man' yesterday and are thinking maybe that. He loves Lynard Skynard :)
  • Having the same issues here! And my FI and MFMIL are Puerto Rican. He has no idea what to choose; english/ spanish and also does not have the best relationship with his mother. Is this dance a must at receptions? Would she possibly feel let down if he does not do it?
  • I think in our case his mom would feel let down... I'm not sure if it's a must do though?

• Dealing with a similar issue. My fiance's step mother pretty much "heavily suggested" that they dance together. My Fiance is doing it just to make his dad happy. i have NO IDEA what song to pick. He doesnt want anything mushy bc his mother is deceased and doesnt want anyone to think his step-mother is taking her place....ugh!
    Cindy Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards