Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Wrinkly looking hands

So I took a picture today of my hands when I went to fit my wedding band for the first time. I realised that my hands are very wrinkled looking. What can I do to improve their appearance ?  My wedding is in 38 days. Any ideas?

Re: Wrinkly looking hands

• Options
    Mary Kay has a product called Satin Hands.  It is wonderful.  If you don't have a Mary Kay rep nearby, you could also try the Aveeno moisturizing products -- either get the 24 hour moisture lotion, or even the Aveeno facial moisturizing lotions -- the non-oily moisture would do good things for skin elasticity on your hands.

Also you might try Clinique products -- I use Clinique gel moisturizer on my face regularly.  I also use it on my body if I have sunburn, and it renews the elasticity in my skin.  They have trial sizes and small sizes available at most department stores.  

Good luck! 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    I use MK Satin hands and love, love it.  In the winter when my hands are really dry, I rub a drop of olive oil into each one before I go to bed.

The week of the wedding (day or two before preferably), get a professional manicure, if possible at a place that offers a paraffin dip.  This will make your hands super soft.

Side note:  whenever you are using sunscreen, don't forget to put some on your hands as well.
  • Options
    Be sure you're drinking enough water, and start using a moisturizer at least twice a day. Aveeno is great, and if you need serious TLC Crabtree & Evelyn's Gardener's Hand Therapy is amazing (& on sale online right now). 
    If you're out doors more than 30 minutes a day I'd use a moisturizer with sunscreen in the morning (I like Aveeno's, again, for this). 
  • Options
    This is a home remedy.  It's super-cheap and works really well!  At night before bed, coat your hands in vaseline, then put sports socks overtop.  In the morning, your hands will be ridiculously soft and look really smooth!
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    if you want to get rid of wrinkles anywhere hand face wherever use Peterthomasroth's instant firm it is the coolest thing ever!! it seriously works!! Like crazy weird works, its either 45 or 55 at sephora. Just remember when you use it remember to pat the white edges away, ive herd a spray evian works the best on your face. It is absoultly amazing serioulsy! Oh yeah also remember this isnt a treatment product it will only last 5-8 hours!
  • Options

when my hands get really dry I exfoliate them and then wear lotion to bed with mittens.They've completely transformed from doing this! In high school my nickname was "Hideous hands Herrick." Poh Poh Poh.

• Options
    I ditto the Satin Hands. That's by and far the best dry-skin product out there that I've found.  

I also sometimes put just the emollient cream on, then put gloves on for a half-hour.  It works wonders!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards