Kentucky

Help!! Wedding/reception Venues

I am in the beginning stages of planning my wedding and I am having a really hard time finding the right venue. I am open to both indoor and outdoor but we have one minor detail. My Fiance and I are paying for this ourselves due to family complication( i.e my mother) and we are on a very strict budget. We dont want to spend more than $3,000. Most of the wedding is DIY because my friends are extremely crafty and it can save us a lot of money. However most venues I have looked at are around $600 or more. I am looking for anything in Richmond, Lexington, Winchester or other sorrounding areas. Anything will help. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Help!! Wedding/reception Venues

• edited December 2011
    The Music Difference has a fairly lengthy list...
    You may also want to check out local parks...
  • Sparke859Sparke859 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    THank you I will do that. This is very hard since we are paying for it ourselves. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard of girls having their ceremony/reception in barns as well. You get married outside and then have the reception in the barn. This would also allow you to provide your own catering and alcohol, which will greatly help with the budget.
  • edited December 2011
    I live in London KY, there is a beautiful place in corbin called sweet hollow resort. They have an outdoor pavilion for about $200. Or The inside area (which is where we are getting married) Its beautiful and it only cost about 1500 for 50 or less guests. That is included with the food, cleaning fee, building, drinks, cake and decorating. She said they can also provide the dj and photographer but that would raise the price of course.   http://www.sweethollowresort.com/
  • Sparke859Sparke859 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just looked at the website and that is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!! It's only an hour from here to Laurel lake so it would probably be only 45 min away to the resort. Thank you so much for sharing this with me. This would be perfect for our budget! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    The Bell House in Lexington was fairly inexpensive per hour to rent (catering not included), if I recall. About $100 per hour, maybe? (It's been awhile since I asked.) I really liked the venue but they were booked on the day I needed it.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    The Wallis House in Paris KY. ($500-600)  No restrictions on vendors.  It will save you all kinds of money.  Also, you get the place from noon on Friday until noon on Sunday.  I am really suprised that more people haven't heard of this place.  My wedding looked like it cost $25K and cost less than half of that.  Good Luck!! :)

http://www.gardenclubky.org/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards