Rhode Island
Options

What did you put in your OOT Gift Bags?

What did you Newport brides put in your Out of Town gift bags? Any inside tips abut getting Newport brochures or maps for free? I have 100 guests at the wedding and I don't want to spend more than like $10 per bag- if that's even possible!

Re: What did you put in your OOT Gift Bags?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The visitor's center in Newport has tons of free brochures and maps.  If you call them they will even box it up and mail it to you. 

In addtion to info on Newport we had:

Welcome Letter with info about the weekend
    Water
    Small sunscreen
    Advil packets
    Bandaids
    a couple of little snacks - like 100 calorie chips
    Russian chocolates (H is Russian)
    Door County Cherries (from WI, where I'm from)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Since my husband is originally from Spokane, WA and I'm from the MA/RI area,  we wanted our bags to consist of things from where we are from and some from our childhood...

-Maps and brochures from the Newport Visitor Center 
    -Welcome/Thank you for coming letter
    -5 to 8 pieces of Saltwater Taffy (MA/RI) ($1.99 a box at the Christmas Tree Shop)
    -Two bottles of Narragansett Beer (Amber Ale and Octoberfest) (MA/RI)
    -Spokane, WA Chocolate bar (WA)
    -Packaged breakfast cookies (WA)
    -A bag of Tims Potato Chips (WA)
    -Necco Waffer Candy (MA/RI)
    -Autocrat Coffee Syrup (MA/RI) (you can get these at the Stop and Shop for a decent price. I would not buy them through the company website, since they are a tad bit more expensive.)
    -Portuguese chocolates (MA/RI)
    -Little rolls of Tums
    -Asprin packages (you can buy these at an Office Max or Staples)
    -Atoids
    -gum

Hope this helps. Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did a welcome letter with some highlights of Newport and a map
    - Cliff Walk
    - Area Restaurants
    - Mansions & map

Then:
    - Waters
    - Candy (DH and my favorites)
    - Gum
    - Granola bars
    - Chips/Cookies snacks
    - Gummy snacks
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cathie!  I love your ideas for local snacks!  I'm going to have to add some of them to my bag!

I'm not a newport bride, but I was thinking...

• A packet with fun things to do and free maps... AND a little sheet I wrote up called "You went to Rhode Island?!  Did you..." with all the things people usually ask about (ie, go to Newport, see Brown, drink coffee milk... whatever)... and we wrote what we think of each item (and if we don't like it, where to find something better).
    • Bottles of water
    • coffee syrup
    • bottles of local vineyard wine (like Sakonett Vineyard) or Narragansett for family/parents
    • Providence Granola Project Granola
    • Kenyon Grist Mill pancake mix
    • directions and $ for the nearest Del's lemonade (because we love it, but won't be able to take everyone)
     Clearly, some of these will cost a little more, so we were thinking of putting only one or two of these "special" items in each bag and mixing it up depending on the person's taste and/or if they're family/bridal party.  We'll add little snacks to supplement...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Bottles of Coconut Water: the electrolytes in them are great for hangovers.
    I've Got the Wedding Bell Blues
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got maps from the visitor center as well and added a welcome/thank you note. 
    For the bags I got mini bottles of Cava (Spanish Sparkling Wine) and plastic champagne glasses from the party store.  I filled the glasses with chocolates and then added a bottle of water.  The Cava was aprox $3 a bottle and awesome!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards